Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #1

Wednesday- cookie dough

It's such a wet and changeable day here, heavy showers and sunny spells, some comfort ice creams all round

Been for my 400m swim this morning, the Curves gym this pm. I haven't weighed since 11th June but feel that the weight is falling and certainly my stamina has increased. Ceri's doing well in the water, not quite the fish he used to be but able to get a good rhythm going with his breast stroke.

Posh's toilet habits still a concern, can't understand the current aversion to not using her litter tray for her solids but will happily wee in it Gone back to her old tray and Catsan as before but no, just deposits by the back door. Luckily it's a tiled floor so easy to clean up and she does compact poos with lots of hair in it ( sorry to be graphic this early in the morning)

Lazy day ahead, going to finish my book I hope, see you all later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday- cookie dough

Hmmm Glad I had finished my toast. Only jesting.

Morning all.

P.P You are doing really good with this excercise I imagine it helps Ceri too water is a weighless media, and I imagine his stamina has increased as well.

Not sure whats going on with Posh interesting though the feline mind.

I am going to the gym tonight and swimming before of after. See you all later work calls.
So the quiz is tomorrow Thursday then is that right?

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Opps meant to say never tried Cookie Dough ice cream I wonder if this means I should do taste tests?????????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #4

Cookie Dough eh? that's a definite Ben and Jerry's favourite

Got no plans for today just lounging about, not up to dog-walking just yet What I don't understand is that I weigh more today than I did on Sunday, bearing in mind that I ate nothing between midnight Sunday and breakfast Tuesday, plus the fact that I lost a little "something" on Monday, wouldn't you think that I'd have lost a little weight not put it on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #5

Hi PP, Kazz - just a quickie to say QUIZ IS TOMORROW - THURSDAY - hopefully Shelley will be quizmistress ...Shelley is that right????

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #6

Hi all again ... having lunch after getting back from taking Monty out. He just loves going up to the forest, where he can run around off lead and enjoy himself. He is a really good boy so long as there are no other distractions and we only met one other person and dog in the forest today. He is tired out though and is now snoozing in his crate. Junior dog class this evening. We need to take him into class in a calm manner ....... not sure how that will be achieved, as Monty doesn't do calm around other dogs and people, although he does calm down once he's said his hellos.

Saw a Slow Worm in the woods - I had to help it off the path into undergrowth so Monty didn't catch sight of it. I haven't seen a Slow Worm for ages, lovely creature. Coincidentally, we met a chap in the same woods on Sunday and we were joined by an older woman with a black lab who warned us about adders in the forest. I will be keeping an eye out, would love to see one. We do live in such a lovely area for walks and wildlife.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #7

Hi people! Drizzling and warmish here: 25 C (77 F). No particular news; been on line ordering a collar and ID tag for Leia (requirement for all pets here); she is going to hate it! She finally used the litter box overnight; that had me worried, as the current box is smaller than she was used to (larger one coming!) She seems to be settling OK, eating, and slept with me last night. I'm having a lazy day, still a few boxes to unpack but they're my teacup and demitasse collection and no point in doing that till the racks are up; Chris will do that Friday when he comes next. Have more cat pics!

PP, that is so odd about Posh...?? Angie, hope Monty doesn't get too excited tonight: is that because he's a pup or a characteristic of the breed? Kazz, enjoy the gym n swim; MrsH, strange about the weight..??

Enjoy the day!

Edit: Angie, are adders poisonous?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #8

Hi all... back from work. So glad to be home, and not have to go out again!!!

Not much else to comment on really... lack of inspiration right now, esp in evenings. Sorry for being so quiet - no real reason beyond that...

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #9

Yes, Eileen - adders are the UK's only poisonous snake - not found in Ireland though because St. Patrick expelled them all!

Monty's excitement is I'm sure just because he's a pup still. All the other pups at the class are excited too, we just get singled out because Monty is the noisiest, which is a breed characteristic!

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #10

Back.............had a rather sweaty gym work out then a lovely swim.

I tell you it is lovely to be able to move. I laughed last year when they said a year recovery. They were surprisingly right.... now need to loose a bit of the weight I have gained which could be due to the dreaded underactive thyroid (get results tomorrow)
Have seen a leaflet for another class that interests me
....oh you will have to hang on till I get the leaflet from the car.

Day off tomorrow, going to at least swim. See my plan for an hours extra excercise a day is still ongoing.

Roast beef for dinner tonight, really nice.