Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Monday - raspaberry ripple

Starting the daily with an ice cream flavour, maybe we can continue until we exhaust the list, as it seems that the weather MAY have turned a corner.

Been swimming this morning and going to Curves this evening after I collect Tom from school. Feeling the benefit of the exercise, my clothes are fitting better and some are even loose

Nor keeping to a strict diet but being sensible, have the odd treat on w/es.

Hope you are all doing good, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #2

Re: Monday - raspaberry ripple

Morning PP! I love the ice-cream theme .... it's certainly hot enough to wallow in the loveliest flavours.

OH took Monty out for an earlier than usual walk this morning and the poor wee pooch is now lying in the hallway, munching a carrot, but he is hot and doesn't know what to do with himself and can't settle. Silly boy doesn't like water .........

The bad news is that the mouse we saw in the lounge was not caught by Kizzy nor Pip and has died somewhere and is smelling horrid. We have moved everything to try and find the corpse, but the only place it can be is somewhere behind the built in bookcase. I have a perfume burner going in the hallway - sandalwood, rather nice but lord knows how we are going to get rid of the smell when we can't get rid of the body. YUCCCCK.

Hope everyone has a good day ... don't forget the sun screen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

Hi PP, Angie. Sounds nice and warm, hope the good weather continues. East wind today so very cloudy: 24 C (75 F). think it probably won't make normal today. I have an appointment at Friendship this afternoon: walk thru and get the keys... exciting!

PP, when I was up to 180 pounds (I am only 5'!), I didn't go on a regular diet, just ate very sensibly during the week and ate whatever I wanted on the weekend so I never felt deprived. It took a while but I got down to 130 and maintained that for years.

Angie, that's horrid about the mouse! When Leia's lost ones die they just dessicate, not smell; maybe the difference in climate? I found a dried out one while cleaning for packing. Chris was appalled! LOL, the stronger sex?

Hope all are having such a great day they've forgotten about the daily!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #4

Oof, emergency ice cream needed here. The office is tooooo hot! I don't get on with these temperatures. I nearly melted on my run last night. Thankfully it shoud be cooler for the actual race next Sunday.

Angie, it is horrible when you get that unmistakable smell but can't find the source. It took us ages once to discover a shrew that had chewed its way into an armchair before its demise!

PP I also believe in treats! If you feel deprived what is the point? It is nice getting back into clothes though isn't it?

DM- keys- how exciting! Have you told Leia yet?

Off to Great yarmouth tomorrow- we look after two 'Row Houses' there- they are quite intriguing places.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Love the idea of ice cream dailys can do cocktails next maybe......in time for desserts for the winter.
Not much doing today back to work tomorrow and took Mom for a scan today ........results 10 days. Popped to the bank and building society. Picked up a little shopping and have taken Sal out.....far to warm for her to be out until the evening. Off swimming myself shortly.

Angie try ice cubes in Monty's water or and if he has a kong put some filling inside then freeze last for hours and to be honest I would try this as he is bound to be teething soon. http://www.caninemind.co.uk/kong.html
Only good news about the dead mouse is the weather is nice enough to be outside ....wait till the bluebotles and maggots start appearing you will find it then....but what a performance two cats and still a mouse.....tut tut.

Eileen......KEYS...............

P.P.....That sounds like a sensible eating/living plan.....glas you are seeing the benefits. I am hoping an hours extra activity a day will help me.

C.S. Hope the weather is a little more runner friendly for the weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #6

Thanks so much for that link Kazz - some great recipes and ideas there. Didn't know that banana was so good for dogs - will try that out soon.