Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #1

So it's Saturday

Good morning catsey people, up with the larks as we're off to Scotland to look at holiday homes.
Have a nice weekend everyone, MrsH, have a great holiday.
See you all when we get back tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #2

Re: So it's Saturday

That is an early start Shelley! Hope that you have a good time up here and find the van you want!

Later start over here, need to go fetch my morning cuppa soon. Not too sure what after that - though I am expected at parents in the afternoon... family get-together due to fathers day being tomorrow.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
18-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Hope you get what you want Shelley.
Morning Squirrel.
I'm off to a tutorial this morning then the races this afternoon and Tom Jones is on should be good fun. Denis is being a nusciance today (think he knows he is on his own for most of the day)
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #4

Hope you enjoy your wee visit to scotland shelley, whereabouts are you headed?
Squirrel, enjoy your family get together,
MrsH, have a lovely holiday
BC, Hope you enjoy the races

We had a lay in this morn which was lovely Just having a cuppa then going into the town centre for breakfast then off to my folks house as they got back from a holiday in bulgaria yesterday

Have a great day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #5

Hi all! Just back from walking Monty. We went up through the Elfin Path (my name for it) to Dingly Dell (ditto) and came back down the main track. On the tops we watched the rain come pouring in, luckily we found shelter under some beech trees and the rain was being blown sideways, so we didn't get wet - it was dramatic. Very wet Monty Bogle though - dried off now. He is being a bit fractious today and has been persecuting Pip, who, I am coming to realise must be at least two sandwiches short of a picnic.

Going to make MrsH's liverbread recipe this afternoon. Good wishes for a good holiday.

Enjoy your day all, whatever you are up to! Will be back later.

Edited to say: We have ended up making liverbread and stewing some gooseberries with some elderflower cordial and have some bread (for us) baking in the breadmaker.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #6

Hi all. Cloudy, milder, the ever-present threat to afternoon t'storms. Presently 24 C (75 F), will be above normal at last by afternoon, Slacked up a bit re moving; I'm out of boxes for books and big plastic bags for bagging clothes; Chris will fix that tomorrow.

Shelley, have a safe trip and hope you find a caravan to suit. Pamela, Squirrel, enjoy he family get-togethers; babycakes, good luck at the races! Angie, it seems to rain every time you walk the dog! I wish Pip would not be such a Priscilla and let Monty have a good whop when he gets rambunctious! LOL, you know whose side I'm on! Sending good weather vibes for MrtsH; and Mags should be back next week!

Enjoy the day....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #7

Well Eileen I have to say it does not rain everytime Angie takes the dog out, this is England it rains if the dog is in or out.
Angie why are you slurring young Pip; and why pray tell is he in your opinion two sarnies short of a picnic?
Shelley have a safe trip, good hunting.
Pamela Hope your folks had a good holiday.
Squirrel your idea of a late start is crack of dawn to me
Babycakes have a good day.

I have done not much today, bit of shopping brought nice bit of beef for tomorrow; bit of web surfing; bit of painting (skirting board) putting the kitchen blind back up later. Pork chops - mash - beans - carrots - gravy and yes apple sauce tonight; not sure why but seemed a good idea and nice chops too.

Sal - no idea why but has thrown up twice today (too much info maybe )but still diving about like a fool.

Everyone else is good, have a great weekend all.

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well Eileen I have to say it does not rain everytime Angie takes the dog out, this is England it rains if the dog is in or out.
Angie why are you slurring young Pip; and why pray tell is he in your opinion two sarnies short of a picnic?

Pork chops - mash - beans - carrots - gravy and yes apple sauce tonight; not sure why but seemed a good idea and nice chops too.

Sal - no idea why but has thrown up twice today (too much info maybe )but still diving about like a fool.

Everyone else is good, have a great weekend all.
1) Exactly, Kazz - but it is a great pity especially when you think that next Tuesday is the longest day! Still, we were moaning about wanting rain. Be careful what you wish for I think the saying goes!!

2) Pip just lets Monty jump on him, he lets himself be mouthed - all over and lies on his back and just looks resigned. Even when given the opportunity to escape - ie. when we are holding on to Monty, he just sits there! Daft wee cat - I suppose he gets his own back in fairly sly ways - by pushing things off the work surfaces so we catch Monty with said article and tell him off, except we've wised up to that little trick. Pip's other trick is to distract Monty from doing his pre-bed wee in the garden, which also wakes Monty up so that the last thing on his mind is settling for the night. So aswell as being thick, he's something of a sly puss too.

3) YUMMY!

4) Poor Sal - hope she is OK.

Glad to hear Everyone else is good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #9

I do not think that is two sarnies short of a picnic Angie I would say Pip is happily playing with Monty, sounds like they have settled well. If Pip wanted to get away or felt pressured in any way he could he chooses not to.

I assume Kizzy still rules the roost and Monty does not try anything like that with her?

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

No absolutely not! She has hissed at him, stood her ground and Monty has backed off. I might be wrong of course but I just feel the Pip is allowing liberties to be taken where he should not. Playing is one thing, having your "playmate" on their backs and mouthing their bits to my mind is another! Unless of course ................