Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #1

Full of hope Friday

The title is to say i'm hoping we all have a nice weekend
Just getting ready for work now, Jerry's been fed, Dog walked, so pets ok. Just need to get something to eat myself now.
Kwame is in for a long stint in his crate and he still hates it with a vengeance. We have done all sorts to try and get him to like it. We trust Malaika out of the crate but he's another matter.
See you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #2

Re: Full of hope Friday

Morning Shelley!

OH is off for his dental hygienist appt in a minute and this afternoon Morgan is due to have his stitches out, the swelling that stopped them being removed on Wednesday has now gone down thankfully.

Seems as though it's going to be another nice day here, it's bright and sunny with fluffy clouds. Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #3

Hi Shelley, MrsH - was a lovely morning but clouding over a bit now. Never mind, I have probably got enough transcription work to last the rest of the day!

Following Kazz's advice, Monty and I went out for our morning walk together and alone! We had a good adventure, meeting a lovely 5 month old labradoodle at the stables. She was not on a lead and the two were very good together - Monty was a bit unsure naturally, but they got on well together, so now he has a friend. Coming back though we met two unfriendly dogs, luckily on leads and the collie growled at little Monty - he just sat still and quivered a bit. So generally a balanced trip out. Must try and get him not to pull so on the lead, especially in a homeward direction!

Thanks for your soup "guidelines" yesterday MrsH - I shall look out for an assortment of veg at the farm shop and see what I can come up with, although if the weather does warm up, salads may be more approriate!

Have a good day peeps - I will be back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #4

Hello both -and those to come!

I must admit I'm feeling a bit like making soup myself - and I got lots of veg for to do something of the sort in recently. About to go away for the weekend though, and thinking evening meal might be a bit thin on the ground, so I've already got a large lunch planned, so will leave it until Monday I think... I'm a bung-it-all-in-the-pan kind of person myself. Usually a variation on the lentil/broth mix is my favourite - and I like that with either chicken or ham as stock, never tried it with anything else! Probably wouldn't add tomatoes, as prefer them not cooked. But anything else I like to eat veg wise will go in - carrot, potato, mushroom, turnip, parsnip, cabbage, leak... got all of that in right now, so that's a surefire starter for planning it. Going to freeze a huge batch of it in smaller tubs - I've about got room in the freezer for it, now - only reason I've not done anything more recently was issues that way. I'm in the mood, pity about the timing thing!!!

Have a good day all - will try to check in again Sun/Mon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #5

Stuck in the office on a sunny day counting the hours till my Friday night beer!

We make a soup called 'what's left in the bottom of the veg basket' with varying degrees of success......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #6

Hi all. Still cloudy and unseasonably cool; this was supposed to start clearing out finally, but no signs of sun yet just before lunch here. It's 17 C (62 F). They are promising lots of sun and warm for the weekend; hope it's right........

Sounds as if the walk was a success, Angie. Poor Kwame stuck in his crate. CS, won't that beer taste good tonight? Hope you enjoy the weekend away, Squirrel. Glad Morgan's swelling is down and the stitches can go, MrsH. All this posting about soup has gotten me in the mood for making some, and I can have that on my low fiber regimen now. Although I'm gradually adding foods successfully!

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #7

Eileen, glad your manageing to gradualy add more foods to your diet. Howard managed to finish work earlier than expected so Kwame didn't have to do as long. However he's still torn up all the magazine i put in for him to lie on, he's already dispatched the vet bed.
Last week we put him in Malaika's larger crate and he somehow managed to break one of the bars away from it's solder, i dread to think what would have happened if he'd got his muzzle through.
MrsH, hope Morgan has had his stitches out by now.
CS, like the idea of your whats left soup
Kate, hope you enjoy your weekend away.
Angie, sounds like you had a nice walk with the Bogle

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #8

Just having our cuppa after taking Monty for his afternoon walk. He now has a fan club up at the stables as several young women thought he was just so cute and needed to be fussed over. Poor OH - he made a joke about himself needing to be fussed over but I'm afraid that a bearded man of a certain age is absolutely no match for a puppy who is not quite 3 months old!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #9

Have you had Monty off-lead yet Angie?

Pleased to report Morgan's stitches are out but I've had to put his collar back on again as he's been licking his shaved area quite hard and has given himself a rash, also he's been nibbling at his scar and made the surface bleed a bit! Daft dog!

Angie, did I know that your OH is bearded? I like a bearded man myself, that's why I married one!

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #10

Glad Morgan's had his stitches out