Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #1

Wednesday - a bit damp around the dusters!

Just that really - Morning all!

Mizzly and murky, just enough dampness to get hair or fur wetish, but not proper rain to do the ground any good at all. Runner beans are looking good though and washing machine man is replacing the bearings in my machine, so hopefully I will be able to catch up on washing over the next few days.

The urgent transcription work has yet to arrive, so I expect the next couple of days will/may have me tied to the computer. May just try to squeeze in potting up some parsley seedlings and some catmint plants this afternoon before work becomes the priority.

Have a good day everyone. Hope to see some of you at the QUIZ tonight - 8.15 or thereabouts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday - a bit damp around the dusters!

Morning angie and those to follow. The weather is not so nice here today either, very windy looking. Hope you get your potting done today
Hows monty doing today?

Im not upto much. Been up early today as Harris has been extremely hyper today since 7am for a good couple of hours, im at my wits end with him today!!!! No idea what to do with him. I know he has lots of energy to burn because hes not getting outside but the road is just too busy to take a chance. Skye is just relaxed and chilling on the scratch post as usual. Shes so much more calm than the toad!!!!! (thats his affectionate name when hes playing up!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

Morning all!

Morgan was due to have his stitches out today but as he was still very swollen the vet's decided to leave it until Friday

Dank and dreary day here, OH will be going out for his pub lunch with his mates soon and I'll be having something low-fat and worthy for my lunch. I have no plans at all for the afternoon, I still have today's crossword to do so that'll keep me busy for a while and I might just have a little nap, for some reason I've not slept too well the past couple of nights and it's catching up with me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #4

afternoon, Angie, Pamela and MrsH, finaly not raining here, it has been since Sat.
Angie, not sure i'll make the quiz tonight, if i'm not there just start without me, will be along if i can.
Pamela, could you try giving the hyper boy a whiff of cat nip
MrsH. i hope you enjoy your worthy lunch , poor Morgan, hope he can have his stitches out Friday.
Not much to report here, usual Dog walk, then a quick tidy up before my friend comes for cake and a coffee.
Lots of vehicle probs at the moment, the van is now fixed but the car is with the mechanic now.

Catsey Veteran

18-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

I always thought that catnip made them worse? I have a spray bottle of it so might try that on 1 of his toys or blankets?

Thanks for the advice shelley

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #6

Hey people! Gloomy still, the persistent low pressure system isn't moving, so it's still cool, clouds and rain all along the mid-Atlantic. It's 19 C (66 F), no rain yet but looks like it. Still boxing up books for pickup' other than that no news. Now that my appetite is back I'm eating lots, trying to put back some of the weight I lost in hospital.

Enjoy the crossword and the nap, MrsH. Glad the beans are looking well, Angie; hope the car is fixed soon, Shelley. Pamela, I hope Mr. Hyper has calmed down a bit.

See you at the quiz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #7

Pamela, re catnip, i was thinking along the lines of providing some amusement for him. Have never tried spray stuff. I buy the dried type and sprinkle it on the floor.

Catsey Veteran

18-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #8

ahh ok he loves running about with a white toy mouse, needs replaced though so maybe get him a new 1 and see if that helps I will look into the dried catnip as well thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #9

Some cats are non-reactors to catnip. Leia is one of them, sadly. I've never used spray, always the dried, and fresh from the garden in Summer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #10

I've planted up 20 catnip seedlings and suspect I have the scent on me .... Kizzy and Pip are most attentive!!!