Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Triumphant Thursday!

Hi all - hat trick for me this week with the daily threads!

Hope everyone is well? Are you feeling any better Eileen???

Been to the vet with Monty for his 2nd jab and kennel cough vaccine. He was a very very good well behaved boy.

A bit of an in-between day today - sunshine and cloud and rain threatening for this afternoon. OH is playing golf and I am Monty sitting. The Bogle is currently fast asleep in his crate, having been to the vet, P@H and played in the garden with OH. He will probably sleep for around 4 hours - which should give me time to clean the bathroom. I do like to take things a bit easy and stop every now and again!!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #2

Re: Triumphant Thursday!

Afternoon angie and everyone to follow

Thats great that Monty was a good boy at teh vet getting his jags Sounds like he has had a busy day between p@h and playing in teh garden. He deserves his snooze since hes been soo busy

I went to the gym today for an hour, just having chicken soup and pasta for lunch before heading to work for a 430pm start until 830pm.

Thinking someone has swapped my cats during teh night aswell!!! They havent squabbled in about 2 days!!! harris is also going to back to his sooky self which is great. Long may the truce last with them!!!

Have a great day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #3

afternoon Angie and Pamela and all to follow.
Glad the Cats have declared a truce, Pamela
Angie i bet Monty enjoyed Pets@home.
Been to work this morning, called at the farm shop on the way home for a homemade victoria sponge, delicious, didn't bother with any fruit,lol.
Out to walk the dogs soon, Jerry is out and about somewhere, he had a nice brekkie of raw minced beef (yummy)
Eileen, hope you're feeling better today, we missed you at the quiz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #4

It was so nice sleeping in my own bed again last night! Morgan is quite relaxed today but Jason has been throwing up, it looked as though he's had a "takeaway" some poor little bird that didn't make it to adulthood lots of young starlings around today in the garden. OH is off to the tip with some garden stuff that's too big to shred and compost. He's going to do the nemaslug treatment when he gets back now that the ground is moist and more rain on the way apparently.

Weekend just around the corner

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

Afternoon! Haven't contributed much to the dailys as not had much to say! Flat tyre yesterday so going to get a new one fitted shortly. Feels a bit unsafe driving on one of those space-saver jobbies, so must be more careful and look out for glass/nails at allotment as I'm sure that's where I got the puncture.

Good news to report on the Fifi front. I took her to the vet for a check on her tumourous paw . . . she seems to have a bit of an infection on the wound when the scab periodically drops off and it looked a bit 'sticky'. I was really prepared for the worst but vet said he was EXTREMELY pleased that the site hadn't expanded and that the wound was much the same size as it was this time last year. He gave her a long-lasting AB jab and told me to keep an eye but essentially nothing needed to be done at all at this stage

Also today I signed up with a personal trainer I have actively started cutting down on what I eat and stopped drinking the copious amounts of wine I previously did. This guy is used to working with more mature people and has a gym at his house which is part way to the boys' school so I can train with him on my Wednesdays off and then go straight on to the school run

Hopefully this will galvanize me to get into shape as I really need a kick up the butt as I'm nudging size 16

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #6

Hi, all! String of pleasant days continue: 17 C (62 F); no complaints!

I'm regretful and a tad embarrassed at falling asleep and missing the quiz last night, was looking forward to it, and it was an excellent one too: knew a lot of the questions! I must have needed the sleep; getting a little better every day but still weak and tired. no appetite. I've asked Carolyn to keep Leia for a few more days, much as I miss her, as I just don't feel up to giving her the attention she needs the way I'm feeling now. But AM healing and don't mean to sound as miserable as this paragraph sounds on re-reading it!

Angie, glad Monty was a good boy; MrsH, sorry Jason;s poorly, is he better now? Pamela, glad the cats are getting on well; Shelley, mssed you all too!

Take care.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #7

Yola, just missed your post! Great news about Fifi! Well done on finding a good trainer, hope that goes really well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #8

Yola, great news about Fifi's paw.
Eileen, i'm glad you're feeling better. You must listen to your body and take it easy for now. Your system has had a tremendous shock , it's great that your on the right side of it but do take care, don't push yourself too hard and take cat naps, they will help your body to repair itself.