Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #1

Good Morning - Sunday

Well good morning all.

The rain has well and truely arrived here. But good for the gardens.

Off to do a homecheck for SBT rescue then nothing. Although may start glossing the woodwork in the kitchen not sure. All the prep work is done so we will see.

Hope this day finds everyone good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Good Morning - Sunday

Morning Kazz and those to follow. Blustery here but rain has stopped just for the moment. I've been doing some potting up in the greenhouse - more to do later. Monty Bogle accompanied me and found a nice newspaper to tear to shreds, so that kept him amused. At least he can't jump up on to the staging, which of course Kizzy and Pip can, and do!

Enjoy your Sunday peeps. Kitchen floor is calling and then the bathroom - but that might wait until tomorrow.

Thinking about gammon with new pots and veg tonight but depends if the little gammon defrosts in time, otherwise it will be mushroom risotto. What are you all having. Kazz - roast something maybe???

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #3

Hmmm having roast pork actually with full roast took the pork out last night.

I have gammon in the fridge I may have gammon and chips tomorrow with pinneapple or egg....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #4

We've had some more rain, both rain butts are now full and with a bit of luck the lawns and the verges by the roadside will soon green up!

Animal bedding wash today so I'll have a very hairy washing machine afterwards, always have to do an empty run to clear the hair out when the load's finished. Morgan is busily sniffing his change of bedding, he doesn't believe it's his as it doesn't smell of him!

Just about to watch the gran prix on tv, enjoy your afternoons everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #5

Afternoon all.
Havent been around much, been busy in the field and with work. Off up the field now coz it seems to have stopped raining. So much to do and so little time to do it all in.

Hope everyone is well and hope all animals are good.
Eileen, hope you are mending well and taking it easy. xxx

Bye for now.

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hmmm having roast pork actually with full roast took the pork out last night.

I have gammon in the fridge I may have gammon and chips tomorrow with pinneapple or egg....
Do you still get good crackling if the joint has been frozen? I do so love crackling with some apple sauce. Please save some for me!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #7

Hi all...

Late back for me. Had church followed by lunch with one of the people I know there - which was lovely. Day kind of just vanished though!!!

Weather was very wet to start off with, but seems to have cleared up a bit now. Just as well - driving was a little iffy at one point cause could hardly see despite all the wipers could do to clear all the water away...

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Do you still get good crackling if the joint has been frozen? I do so love crackling with some apple sauce. Please save some for me!!!
Never noticed that the crackling is any different as long as it is a joint with crackling in the first place.

And just ammending this as I am not having gammon tomorrow I am off out with a friend for an early dinner.

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #9

Good to know that Kazz - don't think I'd ever get a pork joint without the promise of crackling!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #10

hey all, wet day here aswell but it has been dry for just over an hour so took the chance to go out and spray that cage, so the boys can now go back in it in about 2 days when its dried properly. had thunder and lightening last night along with some heavy rain so thought we might have had a nicer day! not doing anything else, going to clean out the girls big cage, i have a buyer for it so said id get some pics of their nibble marks! there is a wee bit of rust on it, does anybody know how to safely treat it, its galvanised metal i think? was planning on scrubbing it with white vinegar and bicarb of soda, is that right? then was going to go over it with the steam cleaner, im not looking forward to it haha!
hoping we might get an eileen update soon.