Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #1

Happy Easter Sunday

Well I would say morning but its afternoon. So here I am starting the thread before the day is out.

It is nice weather here, although slightly overcast the clouds are hiding the brilliant sunshine I think.
I am off today. And had plans but feel really weary unlike me so I plan on a bike ride to "blow the cobwebs away" I have some daft ideas....but hey, I am informing you in case I do not make it back.

Roast turkey for dinner.......yummy.

Mom and Dad enjoyed the StGeorges day event at Symphony hall last night.

Emma safe journey.

Angie is not tomorrow "puppy day" how exciting although I suspect Pips issue has been worrying he is young and healthy so Puppy day..........

Eileen have you considered colours for your new home? will you take you current furniture or buy new? does the studio come with white goods in place?

Elaine hows the bathroom coming on?

Mrs H are you still considering a new canine?

See loads of questions.....now the answers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #2

Re: Happy Easter Sunday

Afternoon Kazz and all to follow. Happy Easter Sunday to all. Quite hot again today, but more of a breeze so nicer.

Yes, tomorrow is puppy day but it is being overshadowed by worries about Pip.

We've been to see MIL this morning. Her short term memory has got much worse but according to the nurse we saw to go through her Care Plan, she is joining in several groups and has even had an outing to the pub!!! None of which, sadly, can she remember. So she doesn't know that she's been happy.

Kizzy is on mouse watch outside the back door - it's gone under the door threshold. We've seen it and OH tried to pick it up, daft man. Quite a nice mouseful but I just hope Kizzy kills it before it comes indoors.

I know I said that I wouldn't have any chocolate before Easter Sunday, but somehow I managed to demolish a bag of mini eggs and two small glasses of raspberry vodka last night. Must have been because of my worries about Pipski.

Enjoy your cycle ride Kazz. Does Sal run alongside you? Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

24-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon Kazz and all to follow. Happy Easter Sunday to all. Quite hot again today, but more of a breeze so nicer.

Yes, tomorrow is puppy day but it is being overshadowed by worries about Pip.

We've been to see MIL this morning. Her short term memory has got much worse but according to the nurse we saw to go through her Care Plan, she is joining in several groups and has even had an outing to the pub!!! None of which, sadly, can she remember. So she doesn't know that she's been happy.

Kizzy is on mouse watch outside the back door - it's gone under the door threshold. We've seen it and OH tried to pick it up, daft man. Quite a nice mouseful but I just hope Kizzy kills it before it comes indoors.

I know I said that I wouldn't have any chocolate before Easter Sunday, but somehow I managed to demolish a bag of mini eggs and two small glasses of raspberry vodka last night. Must have been because of my worries about Pipski.

Enjoy your cycle ride Kazz. Does Sal run alongside you? Have a good day all!

That is the idea eventually Angie, however I need to be a more confident and proficient cycler before that happens.
I used to cycle often but not for years now, however little steps or wheel turns a bike rider makes.
In other words I need to be able to stay upright and not wobble before adding a dog to the mix.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #4

P.S. Kizzy got her mouse!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #5

Happy Easter, all! And congratulations to Kizzy, the mighty huntress! A glorious day here: yesterday morning was 10 C, his morning it's 22 C (71 F), and brilliant sunshine; one thing about Washington weatther... it's changeable! This is lovely.

That's sad about MIL, Angie; not remembering she was happy, but then she's also not remembering when she was sad ..... still sending Pip vibes. Kazz, at least you can ride a bike; I never could learn ..... constantly fell over. The walls in the apartment are a nice white. I'll be taking as much of my own furniture as I can fit in. Unfortunately it's carpeted, a quite dull beige, not hardwood floors, but think I'll take a few of my small oriental rugs to add some color.

No real news, hope all are well and having a lovely Easter, plus a holiday tomorrow too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #6

Afternoon all... Busy day here so far. Was out to my parents for 7 for a service which I believed started then, only to find that it was 7:30 start. Oh well then! Not long back home - but I had a lovely Easter lunch with them, so...

*hugs* for your worries about Pip Angie... He'll be alright. Have you been in touch with vet again yet? I hope that puppy day brings joy with it. Be kind to yourself - and Kizzy.

Sounds like you're all set to take appartment when time comes Eileen. Good!

Hmmm - night night all!!!

Catsey Veteran

24-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #7

Okay people been on a bike ride, really enjoyed it bit unstable at first but soon got back into the stride. And did really enjoy it.
Popped up to see my sister about 1&1/2 -2 miles away and back again. Not bad first trip.

Just had roas turkey dinner really really nice and enjoyable think the bike ride/fresh air helped.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
24-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #8

Hi all, went out for lunch with my friend and her daughter then to the pics. Home now, tummy full of popcorn so have put dinner off for a while! May pop down to my bros later to give the kids their eggs. Laptop is now non functional, so will have to get in contact with my comp guy tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #9

happy easter everyone, hope you all had a great day.

Im not long in from another rubbish day at work

Cant wait to hear about pup angie!! Hope pip is ok too xx
What did you se at the pics lyns?

Awy to watch a movie and have a southern comfort or 2!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #10

Late checking in but it's been a bit busy with both offspring and partners here. Roast lamb and jersey royals at lunchtime, chocolatey puds all round except for me, I had a pear! The young folk have just gone out to meet up with friends at the pub for the evening, it suddenly seems very empty and quiet here.

Sorry to hear about your MIL's memory Angie, hope Pip is doing well and what time are you picking Monty up tomorrow?

Eileen, a few rugs to brighten up the floor in your new place is a good idea.

Kazz, the mummy-to-be is due in season end of June -beginning of July so we'll be bringing a new puppy home in November (not the best time for toilet training ) I'm being possibly rather shallow though and I'm only going to get a pup if I can have my preferred colour, if there aren't any black and whites in the litter, then I'll pass.