Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #1

Soggy Saturday

Well, it is here; rain over but damp, raw and chilly; does not feel at all like Spring! 7 C (45 F), damp East wind. Nothing new here; had a good night's sleep in my own bed, been ordering some stuff on line and waiting for my afternoon grocery delivery. Am about to have lunch soon ... for some reason I've been ravenous after the horrible hospital food!! I lost weight while in there, no surprise.

Hope all are well and having a good Saturday ... come post about it, people!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #2

Re: Soggy Saturday

I don't like to boast Eileen but it's 21ºC (69ºF) here at the moment Cassie is sleeping outside in amongst the flowers.

Good to hear you've had a good sleep and that you've found your appetite again.
Enjoy your lunch!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #3

Another one with beautiful 21C weather (sorry DM ) we've got the doors and windows standing open, freshening the whole house, there hasn't been a cloud in the sky since the sun came up, most unlike a typical English April day! Got the laundry dried outside, all ironed now so it's feet up with a cup of tea and a (low fat) cereal bar to replace the energy lost while ironing.

Q. How come a retired man has got through 12 shirts in one week? (5 long-sleeved, 6 short-sleeved and 1 polo) and he's not been anywhere! a couple of days gardening, here and at daughter's, an afternoon at his art group and a pub lunch with his mates! Beats me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #4

Hi everyone - yes glorious day here too, a bit more breezy than the last couple of days. I have been very lazy today and have been sitting outside under the parasol reading a book. Kizzy has been sitting on the chair next to me - OH got the chair cushions out of the loft this morning.

Diet still going on ........... salad for supper.

MrsH - I'd lock up his shirts if I were you and only allow him one a day at the most - or tell him to launder his own. That sounds like extravagance!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #5

Lovely bright sunny day here too. Tim& Amber have been outside in their run most if the day. Tim did climb the height of it at one stage. Was glad it was wired over.

Amber has made a "potty" area for herself in one of the farthest corner! I know, not very interesting - lol.

Sat out for a while whilst the dogs played & cats explored. Rick & Skip from 2 doors away were fascinated. The cat-hater from two doors away the other way fixed her beady eyes on the lot of them. She hates other cats!

Caught Cat-hater attacking Rick yesterday. Shes quite vicious as cats can be, he rarely if ever retaliates. (only the dogs he beats up - lol). Shooed her away with my hand & she came back over the oil tank to get him again!! Had to shoo her
away again.

Last night i coaxed Tim & Amber in with cat treats, dont think that will work tonight with Amber. Will probably have to go out into the run with their harnesses!

Enjoy rest of your Saturday folks. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #6

hello everyone, late check in for me.
Sorry you are having damp weather Eileen. It has been glorious here today.
I managed to get to the carboot and had a few finds, a 1960's Paul doll (Sindie's boyfriend ), a limited ed ornament of a girl with a doll, 2 small 1950's dolls, these i will put on my doll stall at the fair in May. I also bought 4 new electric toothbrush heads cheaply and an old tatty black cay ornament with glass eyes and peeling paint, there was just something about him/her.
We the took the dogs for a walk along the canal, naughty Malaika did a runner again, she spotted a train about a mile away and shot off along the canal bank in hot pursuit, so that's another place she wont get off lead.
After our walk we sat outside a cafe to have something to eat, the dogs were realy well behaved and attracted a lot of interest.
Spent the afternoon reading in the garden before doing some reading.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

hey everyone, another late check in.

We were away out walking Ben Lomond today which was hard going but we conquered!!! Weather here has been stunning today. Very misty to start with but it kept it cool for us walking up the Ben then gorgeous on teh way down

Hope everyone else enjoyed their day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #8

evening all! well i was stuck working while you enjoyed this lovely day!!! very hot ever here aswell, has cooled down quite nice now. nothing special to report from today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

Tim & Amber are both infor the evening. Tim has takenover the dog chair & stretched out & Amber cosy in her own wee bed . The digs are in the floor! Katie ate for me today, she hasnt been eating lately with her renal problem. Har ey is ever hopeful someone will drop a crumb or two for him to hoover up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #10

Mags, I never LOST my appetite; it was just unsatisfied in hospital: the days with only liquid before tests, and the solid food was most uninteresting and bland! I have been eating as if there were no tomorrow since I got home to my own kitchen! MrsH, that is definitely too many shirts!! Pam, sounds like a lovely if a bit strenuous walk. Glad it was so nice and mild for most of you. Velvet. love the "Run Stories" ... what a good decision it was to have it erected. Shelley. seeing that Basenjis are not exactly a commonly seen breed I imagine you do get a lot of attention and interest when out with the duo. I found that to be true walking my Any and Pura ... people were interested.."What is he?" It's rather fun, isn't it?