Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Devon rex
30-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #1

Securing a garden

I would really like to secure my garden so that Sookie can investigate the outdoors without roaming the neighbourhood as pet theft is quite common here

Can it be done with a mid terraced (sp?) garden? The only person I know that has secured their garden did it with a large wooden frame and strong plastic mesh which also covered the top and I'm not sure this sort ot thing would go down well with the neighbours. I am getting a strong six foot fence put up in the next couple of weeks and have been looking at a website called Purr...fect fence that sells pivoting fence extensions that should stop cats getting out. Has anyone else heard of these or had any experience of anything like it?

Gem

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
30-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #2

Re: Securing a garden

I have just had a look at their website, it looks good and to be honest I would think about it for my own garden. I am planning a new addition and Tiger after a bout of illness has become a house cat. This looks like a really workable solution

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #3

Re: Securing a garden

Im getting a cat run up next week - it will be 30ft in length, 5ft wide & 6ft high, it will be attached to the back of the house - cats go in & out via cat flap from tbe house. Something like that may be more reasonable for you. My garden is extensive, could never afford to put high fencing all round it. Obviously its fenced for the dogs but not 6 ft all round. The run will be covered top/sides& end with wire plus i'll have a door i can go into the run. Ours like your wee one are looking out now. Think ive Seen fencing you mention, is thst the rolling poles?