Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #1

How many??

People allow their cats out during the night???My boys only get out during the day if I am at home, and always in at night....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #2

Re: How many??

Ors are indoor kitts

Cats owned: 3 domestic shorthair
23-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #3

NEVER-far too many dangers from other animals,stupid people and of course the English weather.
My 3 are house cats-1 of them used to go over next doors fence and back round to our front door-this was his routine every a.m and would take only a few minutes.
One day he decided to go on the road-I saw him and went out ,but too late-he was run over.
.Bad injuries-including a broken jaw,but he survived.
He has never wanted to go out since and we definitely wouldnt let him
The other 2 like to out in the Summer ,with both of us watching,I make sure its just before they are to be fed and then its easy to get them back in.

Maureen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #4

Never. Always strictly house cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #5

I'm afraid that I have always let my cats come and go as they please, day and night. They have the option of staying in and do so during bad weather and use the litter tray if needed.

It seems to me that the girls, Smudge and now Kizzy are far more likely to go out hunting at night than the boys. Merlin mainly stayed indoors, especially as he got much older and Pip is definitely a stay at home boy. It will be interesting whether as the mornings get lighter earlier and the weather warms up (I do live in hope) whether Pip decides outdoors is more tempting for him.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #6

My 3 have a catflap and are free to go out at night, although they rarely do throughout the winter!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #7

My 2 dont get out, both indoor cats due to having too busy a road beside us

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
23-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #8

Mine have a catflap too and come and go as they please. Last night hubby woke me up at around 1 am to say Oliver (who always brings his kill upstairs) was on the bed with something that he was crunching! We put the light on to see him with his catch.... a leaf! We were pretty relieved!! lol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
23-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #9

Mine are all in at night

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies
23-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #10

Mine have a cat flap & can come & go as they please but I live in a very quiet cul-de-sac with no passing traffic, so I feel it's very safe for them. I've had 6 cats whilst living in this house & there are numerous other cats in the same neighbourhood & there's never been a cat run over in the 20 odd years I've been here.

Mine tend to be more active & outdoors dawn & dusk, & dependent on the weather. I can always tell when the weather's horrible & they've not been outside much because they spend the evenings careering around playing with toys ~ it sounds like a herd of baby elephants charging round the house