Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
08-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #1

Healing kittens

During the night of monday i had a gastric bug
which necessitated trips to the bathroom. Each time i came back to bed, i felt grim!

Each time i did get back into bed two little furries got either side of me gently purring only it wasnt like a purr, more like a gentle rhythmical singing sound in unison. Has anyone else come across this.?

It was certainly very soothing & despite feeling so sick was able to drift off to sleep each time

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
08-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #2

Re: Healing kittens

My cats do this, they KNOW when I feel bed. To be fair, so does Moxie, but the sloppy dog kisses aren't quite as comforting~!

I hope you feel better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #3

How lovely Velvet - do hope your tummy is better now. Healing kittens ............... can they be prescribed on the NHS do you think?

I always find Kizzy to be very comforting and she can purr for Britain, but I've never heard the singing you mention.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #4

Arent Cats helpful. They provide "alternative therapies" too like acupuncture and massage, all free!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
08-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #5

5 years ago i was having angina attacks, and i had ronnie n reggie n barnaby all of them on me. reggie on my chest. and the other 2 jostling to get closer. so yes my boys where trying to make me better. also had a friend over who had MS they where all over him wouldnt leave him alone.
and a couple of friends came over and 1 of the boys kept on getting onto maureens lap. now they didnt do strangers normally ran n hid.but not that day. and we found out a couple of months later after lots of tests, she has cancer. unfortunately she didnt make it. but my boy was trying to help. so yes i think cats are great healers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #6

Never heard the singing, but yes they do know when you're ill and need comforting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #7

Yep, a few of mine have been wee mini healers. I love when they cuddle up as if to say 'it'll be ok mum'

Lovely story, hope you feel better.