Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
13-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #1

Feathers everywhere

Woke up this morning to the house covered in feathers. I mean feathers all over the place! I heard Oliver playing this morning, but thought it was a toy (or one of my socks, he likes playing with them!), but when I got up OMG!, it looked like a massacre in the bedroom, in the bathroom and the hall and all down the stairs! Didnt know birds had so many feathers. Poor thing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #2

Re: Feathers everywhere

Horrible isn't it. I remember once one of our cats must have got a very young bird and played with it indoors (and then eaten it) there was loads and loads of really fine feathers - they stuck to everything including the hoover - took me hours clearing up the mess.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
13-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #3

He didnt eat his, just played with it. I didnt know birds had so many feathers, was sure there had to be more than one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
13-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #4

oh no, poor little birdie! would have been worse if he decided to eat it, oh the mess!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #5

Poor bird. I know there's nothing can be done to stop it, but I do get upset when my two bring a bird in. Pip even has an extra bell on his collar. Perhaps the birds they catch are the less able - survival of the fittest?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
13-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #6

Sounds just like our Jinxie we used to have, he did exactly the same thing with birds xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #7

Fortunately birds don't come in the house, so my inside crew never got to strew feathers! What a mess that must be!