Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #1

Please Take Care!

It's that time of the year again......fireworks, sparklers and huge bonfires. This coming week will probably be full of fireworks being let off every night..

Most of the accidents at this time of the year happen to children and pets, so please take care with your little ones.

Also, make sure your all animals are safely indoors after dark. Every year animals suffer physically and mentally during November as a result of noisy firework displays and inconsiderate people. Turn the radio or television up louder to help drown the noise of what's going on outside...

It's far better to have a safe pet than a traumatised one.

Enjoy yourselves but please stay safe everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #2

Re: Please Take Care!

Amen to that Mags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #3

Wise words, Mags!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #4

I so agree with you Mags. This will be my new babes first taste of any strange noises in their world. I hope the neighbours are as quiet as last year.

My hens don't seem to bother. Last year I kept going out to check them - they just looked at me as if to say 'what is wrong with you?'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #5

I totaly agree it was about now I used to fight to keep Oscar indoors and he used to scheme to get out its the one time of year I do not mind not having cats. Although as they got older they could not hear the bangs and were fascinated by the lights in the sky.....................

Sal is oblivious unless a really loud bang then she woofs and goes back to sleep.

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #6

I've got to figure out how to lock the cat flap. Where's that Operator's Manual?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #7

Can you move something heavy in front of it? I remember a few years back Mags' Cassie was insistent on getting out and she blocked it somehow ... we were making "Alcatraz" jokes ......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
31-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #8

They have started here already. Oliver jumps (as do I), but he seems ok at the moment. Wish they were banned.

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #9

It's one of those microchip ones and is meant to be able to be locked both ways, even for cats with the chip. Can't be that hard to programme. We do have a chest we could put in front - but it's an heirloom from OH's great-grandfather and could get badly scratched, so I would rather just manage the programming!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #10

IMO the general public shouldn't be allowed to buy fireworks. My lot aren't too bothered but I like to be with them as my Belgian Shepherd is nervy when i am not about anyway.