Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Well GOOD MORNING everyone.

Day off today and bits and pieces to do, weather a bit yukky but okay.

Not much else to say actually leading quite a boring life at the moment, hope all of you are okay?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

I'm off shortly to look at cars, finally decided to change my 12 year old Micra!!

Animals fed, dogs been out & down now for a snooze, kittens playing between utility room, back stairs & the houseplant room which doubles as a conservatory. They have great fun racing up & down stairs!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #3

What sort of car are you looking at size wise? I like Micra's have you seen the new shape one? although I was told good deals to be had on the old shape. Pre 2011

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
28-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #4

Blue skies and sunshine here with a heavy frost the dogs and cats here are loving it

Currently waiting on visitors getting up - I have been up since 7am as I have to inject our diabetic oldie Sweetie I now feel like a need a nap but the kittens Charlie and Echo are wide awake and running about the place like another 2 Border collies - the real ones Sky and Sunny are outcold thanks to along hobble for me and half an hour of tennis!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #5

Nothing at all happening here, it's very boring!

Velvet, good luck with your new car hunt. I have a Micra too, it's about 8 years old and the dealer has just sent out an offer of £1000.00 off a new one, I expect it's a manufacturer's offer to create interest in the new shape which I think I prefer to the rather frog-eyed one which replaced the loaf-shaped one which mine is. I'll not be taking up their offer, my car doesn't get used much and it's got years left in it yet!

We're still waiting for the photos from our son's wedding to appear from the photographer, I keep checking online but nothing yet Apparently OH took a few snaps, mainly of the back of my head or of someone's nose in a champagne glass, but nothing worth posting!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #6

Afternoon all,
bright and sunny today. Had my hair trimmed, argument with youngest son and now waiting for my in laws to arrive, we are taking the Dogs on a long river walk.
Anyone see madcats and English women last night ? I haven't but i have recorded it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #7

Hi all. I like boring, MrsH! I call it peace and quiet. Sunny and still milder than usual, 16 C (64 F), but a really cold front due overnight; the boiler will be back on, I'm afraid. I have my annual eye exam this afternoon, so may be late getting back on line, as it's hard to see the screen with eyes dilated; I really hate that. No real news.

Good luck car hunting, Velvet. Have a nice day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #8

Hope your eye exam goes ok, Eileen.
Back from a lovely 2 hour walk by the river with my relatives and their two Dogs. We were able to let all 3 off lead and it's lovely to see them run together.
I was proud of Malaika when we met a lady with 5 dogs, Malaika had a romp with them but when we moved away she came with me instead of following the other dogs.
Don't know why but Jerry has taken to sitting on the coffee tables at the moment. Tom is fast asleep on our bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #9

Hello everyone! Late sign in for me today. OH and I have been out sloe picking. Firstly we had to go and get diesel for his car (5p litre off vouchers from Tesco again!); then we went to the Sports shop for walking socks for OH and a nice little thermal hat and gloves for me and 2 back up sitting mats - all in the sale. Then we went to Catherington Down - a little nature reserve a real gem so close to towns. Really was the last opportunity to pick them, many have already gone and those that are left are beginning to go over too far. We have got enough though for another batch of vodka and perhaps a small quantity of gin, although I do prefer the sloe vodka. Had our sandwiches sitting on a very windy bench but with nice views and came home "the long way round". Having a nice cuppa now. It was cold, windy and overcast but dry. Going to finish my tea and go and sort out the sloes.

We will have 2 batches for comparison now - picked before the first frost and frozen and naturally frosted. Will we be able to tell the difference????

Have to say I am grateful to Catsey daily thread, because I have managed to track the dates of the first picking and steeping for the label!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #10

Morning, all. Light showers and very dark and overcast. 51 degrees but it's one of those mornings where it feels ten below the actual temperature.
Woke to Solomon rubbing his lips against mine and purring. Very sweet, been awhile since I had a cat who did headbutts and cheekrubs
Last night we had a late run to Home Depot as K figured out we needed about two more packages of flooring to complete the bedroom. This project is one of those things that ended up costing way more than what we initally thought but in the end I'm glad it's done. I was supposed to stay up all night with him and fell asleep instead Feel a bit guilty as he is passed out cold on the couch now and I just peeked into the bedroom to see brilliant new flooring completed. Hopefully today we can get all the furniture back into that room and not crowding our living room anymore, lol!
While we were at Home Depot, I found a cute kitty stocking for Solomon. Kuan Yin and Hestia already have their own for Christmas and he needed his own. It's pretty cute and much cheaper than what they offer at the pet store. Never would have thought to look for pet stockings there. Had to snatch it up. Showed it to him when I got home and he was interested, I still have to explain to him what Christmas is
I may have a quick run to the library to drop off some books, pick up some newspapers for the ferrets litter box, and drop in the local drug store to see if they're prices are reasonable for my new meds or if I should wait for my next trip into town where I can get it discounted.
Have a good day, all.