Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

Rather Wet Tuesday

Well, it certainly is here. I have just got home after meeting a second cousin once removed for the first time. I met him and his wife at a pub and was treated to a lovely lunch. Such a great couple - and so interesting especially as we have shared family history. I really do hope I will be able to meet them again.

Pip was out all morning, but was at home when I got home. I don't know where he's going, but it must be something that keeps him going back for more!

Hope all Catseyers and feline friends are keeping well, warm and dry today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #2

Re: Rather Wet Tuesday

Hi, Angie, those to follow. Unseasonably mild still, but heavy cloud cover so not a cheerful day; at least it's not raining. 18 C (65 F). Up to the Giant for Leia's chicken and my slice of mousse cake (addictive, that! ) My new electric multi-cooker pot came yesterday; very annoyed as it is "some assembly required" Bah! I hate DIY. All quiet otherwise.

Maybe Pip has found a really good hunting spot?

Yes, stay warm and dry, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #3

Hi there - quiet today - where are you all?

Very wet here, visibility out our windows is very poor. Friend coming round for a craft night, not sure what we will do yet.

Pip has obviously found an exciting pastime, wish he could share. I know Alfie, if it was wet, would hole up somewhere dry before he saunterd home.

DM - I find these 'half built' things so irritating too. Hope your DIY skills are up to it and you have it in use soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #4

Hello,
been a wet miserable day weather wise.
Took Malaika out for a brief walk, she wore my first Basenji's wax jacket, hand me downs for a dog
Sorted through some dolls to take to the doll club meeting on sat. Found one tiny antique baby and decided she could go, her clothes were a bit grotty so i re dressed her and then decided she was so lovely that she went straight back into my cabinet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Hello,
been a wet miserable day weather wise.
Took Malaika out for a brief walk, she wore my first Basenji's wax jacket, hand me downs for a dog
Sorted through some dolls to take to the doll club meeting on sat. Found one tiny antique baby and decided she could go, her clothes were a bit grotty so i re dressed her and then decided she was so lovely that she went straight back into my cabinet
Shelley - you are as bad as me, I find it hard to move things on if I really like them - I could do with a hoarding room!

You really must post some more pics of your collection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #6

Evening all. Normal day for me work and then home. I did purchase a slanket from QVC today!!! LOL A nice purple one, no more getting cold watching TV or using the computer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #7

Morning, all. 48 degrees and overcast with some light showers.
We finished the paint in the bedroom last night. I've got an appointment in town today that K is going to bring me to this afternoon and then afterward we'll go pick up some easy flooring and hopefully be starting to move back into the bedroom by tonight.
Eileen, I share the same feeling. Recently I bought some purchases that were no assembly required or very easy assembly and while some of them were true to advertisement, others I had to have K help me with after all The one thing that truly came fully assembled was the cat's big tree. Why the delivery man parked at the bottom of our inclined driveway and then asked me to help him carry it uphill to the front door while our driveway was clear for him, I'll never know though We must have been an odd sight to the neighbors.
Will just be busy with errands and then catching up on usual housework today then...a woman is coming by tonight to pick up the old ferret cage, she plans to use it for her hedgehog. I hope she doesn't flake out, otherwise it is going to the next person in line.
Solomon was ever so helpful last night. He simply wanted to be inside the paint can and if not that then he wanted to rub against what I'd just painted or try to lick my brush..finally threw him out of the room and he wailed outside the door the rest of the time. Oh, this boy...
Have a good one, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #8

We took Amber for her second Vaccs this morning - no one could get over her colour but everyone especially the vet said she was Blue! All i got was "oh isnt she pretty & such an unusual colour".

She was very good & unlike her big brother Tim there was just a few plainative mews on the journey to & fro - Tim yells from he gets into the car to he gets out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #9

Shelley, had to grin a little at keeping the little doll, Tink, I'd wondered if that tree came assembled or not! That Solomon!!! Velvet, I get that line all the time about Leia "pretty girl, unusual color" ,,, our cats color isn't common! Amber was a good girl: Leia makes awful pitiful moans to and from...Hope the craft night is fun, CM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #10

Eileen, i'm always doing that with the dolls. Sometimes re dressing or changing the wig transforms the doll. The number of times i have nearly sold one only to realise i can't bear to part with it.
CM i could fill the forum with doll pics
You will be busy cooking up wonderful meals, Eileen in your new pot.
Velvet, glad Amber was ok at the vets.
I have been on a mission today to find a childhood book on the net.
I used to have it at my nanas and would beg her to read it to me over and over again.
Last night i was unsure of the title and storyline but the details gradualy came back to me and today i found it.
I'm going to have to order it, don't quite know why but maybe it's a link with my late nana.