Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #1

Thursday - that's good

Hello everyone!

OH and I went to Waitrose to get our supplies for our Saturday supper with friends and then went to Prinstead to eat our sandwiches and go for a shorter walk. Found a wonderful bird watching place. Need to get the book out to try and identify a couple of "strangers". It was gorgeous until the sun went behind a cloud and then the temperature really dropped. We will go back there again though and take the bigger binoculars and maybe even the telescope!

The fleecy pet blankets have arrived, so I will go and put one down in the chicken house for Harley before it gets dark.

Hope everyone is having a good day - keep warm if you can!

Edited to say: one bird identified - reed bunting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #2

Re: Thursday - that's good

Hi Angie and those to follow. Mix of sun and clouds now, windy and chilly: 15 C (58 F). No errand day so just some chores and Catsey.

Glad the blankets came, I'm sure Harley will appreciate his. The bird watching sounds like fun, glad one of the strangers now has a name. I rarely see a stranger here, just the usual birds ...although I didn't see any goldfinches at all this year...?? I have a craving for breakfast-at-dinner for some reason so am having scrambled eggs, bacon and hot buttered toast for dinner!

Hope it's a good day for all ... where are you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #3

After the initial freezing frosty morning, it has turned out to be a gorgeous day. Sunny with blue skies and lovely fresh air.

Had eventful night with Chloe last night - she decided to wake me up jumping up onto the cabinets in the bedroom and then launching herself on top of my curtain rails. To get down she then absailed down my curtains!!!

She is a naugty girl!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #4

Hello all, your description of your abseiling Cloe made me smile, Donna.
Eileen hope you enjoyed your breakfast at lunchtime, we often have it at other times of day.
Angie your walk sounds lovely and glad you have identified one of the birds.
Hope Harley approves of his snuggly blanket.
Work this morning for me, all the staff were in a niggly mood.
Walked Malaika and then tried to groom Tom and Jerry but they are too tickly sensitive down their backs so i had to give up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #5

Hi, all.
We are in process of ripping out carpets in the bedroom and repainting the walls. Which means loads of our stuff is out sitting in the living room kind of awkwardly. I'd say about half the room is done, hopefully the other half doesn't take too long.
45 degrees right now and the frost is melting off our cars. Looks like the rain will come for us most likely over the weekend.
The bedroom is not ferret ready at the moment so I have one group's cage out in the living room and they are taking shifts (two playgroups) in the ferret room. Bit crowded and I'm thrown off a bit; I don't do well with change. But I know it'll be well worth it once the bedroom is done!
Once the frost melts off completely, I'll do a small library and grocery trip. Need to post Cooper and Pino's old cage on craigslist as it is just taking up room now. We live out in the county so people often flake out in picking up items so I just may list it for free so it'll be more likely to be gone. Decluttering around here--story of my life..and it's never done!! What's funny is most of it belongs to K, he is the biggest packrat ever. I think he was some kind of scavenger animal in a past life. We can't drive by a garbage heap in an alley without him slowing down to investigate
Have a good day, all!

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #6

LOL Tink, had to laugh at the description of K in a past life .... I have a tendency to hang onto things and rescue perfectly good stuff people have thrown out, so I need to do a decluttrer myself. Soon, Maybe.

Are the cats helping with the bedroom re-do?

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #7

Haha I guess we both hoard things but mine are more useful --I stock up on animal supplies "just in case"..he is more like "let's keep that old rotted piece of wood because we might be able to use it one day...just in case!" Like he refuses to give up his old college leather jacket that doesn't even fit him anymore and has crude words sewn all over..i just don't know sometimes about him
Solomon very much wanted to help paint so he was whisked away to spend the evening with me reading in the ferret room. It was dry by this morning so he ran in there to investiagate. A pile of our things is on the floor where the carpets ripped up so the bed can be used and now Bounce (Miss Psycho Pup) feels it is her bounty and she must guard it with her life and will not let anyone pass into the room save for me. I think it's because my big kibble containers for storing ferret food are on the floor instead of way high up and she has it in her mind that if she guards it, she'll get to keep it?? But the cats are fine because now they have lots of new things to perch on in the living room, dressers and the like, lol. Solomon was annoyed with me again for the other day I moved the old cage out and the new one in and then I go and move the new cage just as he was getting used to it and Mummy is horrible for Tormenting Him

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #8

I just knew Solomon would want to help! If he's too annoying you know you can always send him to me ...

Even Ms. Leia who enjoys being an only cat would succumb to his ways!

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #9

Oh I just might one day Hope you like cat fur in your cooking (he helps with that too!)

Catsey Veteran

21-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #10

Doesn't everyone have a little bit of cat hair in the salad or whatever?