Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
09-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #1

Saturday daily

Morning friends, I've not been around much at all for ages. Been busy as usual. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. We lost Bluebell in June, still got Emily, Smudge & cheeky Lilly, dog is fine, we're all fine. Both had new cars in the last month. Did my charity challenge in September in Coniston, which was good. And we're off to a barn dance tonight!
*I'm always on book-face if anyone wants to add me*
(Kelly Newton)
That's about all my news, how are you lot doing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily

Hi Smudgley! Good to hear from you - I've been thinking about you and wondering if you were OK and how your charity challenge went - glad to hear it was good. Kizzy is well and I often bless you and Kazz for letting me take her. Her character has changed since Pip arrived, she has become a much more relaxed girl and loves to play either with Pip or with us or on her own. She is such a gentle, loving cat, unless there is a rodent about!

I had hoped that it would be a nice warm sunny day today like yesterday but it is gloomy, although not cold. My back is not 100%, but does feel a bit easier. More of those exercises today taken gently.

My gardening man has dug out the old raspberry canes this morning - I will be ordering some new canes this weekend. They have done quite well. It's surprising but we worked out that they must be at least 10 years old, so it was time they were renewed.

Been down to the farm shop for veggies and I am afraid I had to give in to fate and have a jam doughnut with my coffee.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #3

Morning all... quick bit of housework and then we are off to friends for the afternoon/evening.

Have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #4

Afternoon all! Got my new specs yesterday, they sit really well but I'm not wearing them just yet as we're busy slapping paint around in the cloakroom! The specs are very shallow for varifocals, rimless, wide and angular. I think they're a lovely shape OH simply said "They're different!" What's that supposed to mean?

He's off to some art group meeting/workshop/competition thingy soon, so just me and my 4-footed friends this afternoon. I'll probably end up cleaning windows or doing some crosswords, hmmm, difficult decision!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #5

Hi, all! Supposed to be sunny but isn't; a tad warmer: 20 C (68 F). We might make 30 C if the sun ever comes out in full force Been to the library, got gin and just pottering.

Angie, glad the back is improving; Smudgley, good to hear from you, have wondered how you were doing. MtsH, go for the crossword!

Long weekend here, the Columbus Day holiday Monday. Hope you all enjoy yours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #6

Evening all, great day for me. Been over to Yorkshire for a Doll fair with a friend. Lots of lovely dolls, bought myself a nice one and some clothing. Found a small traditional cafe on the way home and had a panini with Motzerella and chilli jam, chocolate flapjack and a cup of hot chocolate (the best i've ever tasted ) O/H gone to pick up our indian takeaway, veg Korma with a Paratha for me and Vindaloo for him. How indulgent are we

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #7

Eating well is one of life's pleasures, Shelley!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #8

Well good evening all.

Been to work to day managed to gets lots done. Really enjoyed it almost totaly back in the swing now. Longest stint since I have gone back started today 5 days without a day off. Then holiday......Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. Holiday then till next Tuesday. Not going anywhere Mom and Dad off on a coach trip Fri Sat Sun Mon.
So thats my news bit boring I admit on rereading it.....same as me really.

Kel nice to see you, new cars eh........posh now then.
Angie glad your back is a bit easier. Gentle excercise is the best cure I am told, along with a jam doughnut and coffee .
Emma enjoy the day.
Mrs H "different" probably mean "My darling wife they are a perfect match for your beautiful face" to Artists.
Dm, I notice the gin is creeping up the list and now is 2nd only to the library and what is the Columbus Day holiday?
Shelley, another late bird like me I see, I've just had curry too, butter chicken, boiled rice and Nann, homemade though but did pop out and get ship shop chips...... mine was gorgeous hope yours is the same.

Have a good night all off for a quick flick around the posts then maybe bed in at 6 in the morning.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #9

Afternoon, all
It's overcast and due to rain but I am bright and cheerful today We had a modest lunch yesterday then did some errands and of course I stopped by the pet store and bought the kitties and ferrets loads of toys to celebrate..You should have seen Hestia fast asleep with her pile of catnip mice in front of her, guarding them with her life
Had to take my sleep meds early this AM as I could just NOT sleep, thinking about things and being happy...finally got a few hours rest after meds then woke up to the UPS man dropping off a package for K..decided to get up and run an errand and today will be lounging on the internet and probably a very short trip to the library to donate some books from our bookshelf and just a few things needed at the local grocery..had quite enough of our fill of being in the city yesterday and today it will be much worse as far as crowds so I will happily stay home in our little town
Have invited K's mum and stepdad for pumpkin patch festivities at the end of this coming week..we shall see if they join us.
Have a good day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #10

Tink, tell me more about these Pumpkin festivities you have ? We don't have anything like that in England
Kazz, my Korma was loverly, glad you enjoyed yours.