Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #1

Thursday thoughts

Good morning peeps
It's a bright and sunny one here today and they reckon we'll have a good weekend, which is wonderful because it's our weekend away in Exmouth. Been looking forward to this break for ages. Have started the packing, have to take all sorts because it may be different on the coast.

Hope you are having a nice calm day. The good part of having Ceri in Day care today is that I can get on. Posh is going to a cattery for the first time today. It's got an excellent reputation but I have never used a kennel or cattery before and I'm nervous, will take a few cushions from home so she got the smell to comfort her. I'm sure I'll cry leaving her there especially if she starts

I'll be posting you later to tell you how we got on, xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #2

Re: Thursday thoughts

Afternoon all. PP i hope you have a super duper time in Exmouth and i hope Posh settles well at the cattery for you.
Been to work this morning then took Tom to the vets for his Thyroid level checked, awaiting the results now.
Poor chap's heart was hammering whilst he was being examined, i get so scared too as last year we lost our big Dog in the vets waiting room and i worry if the cats get stressed. The vet said he seems to be in good shape and was impressed how well behaved he was when he took the blood. Tom's having an afternoon snooze now on the bed after his treat of Whiskas cat milk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #3

Hi PP, Shelley and all to come! I hope you have a great time at Exmouth PP and that Posh is a good girl for you and doesn't start you off. She'll get such a fuss made of her I expect. Good luck with Tom's blood test Shelley - glad he was a good boy.

Been a nice day here too. My back is still painful, but we have been into town to the butcher's and then over to an equestrian store in the hope of finding a nice light weight waterproof jacket for me. No luck, but I took a copy of my advert trying to find a re-home for Harley and the nice woman at the shop waived the fee for displaying the notice.

We then went to Pagham Harbour nature reserve to try out our new binoculars and that's when my trouble started. I began to feel my ears burning and thought someone was talking about me - jokingly I said to OH "Are my ears red?" He looked and said my goodness yes and so is your neck and face ........ my arms by then had started to itch and get red. It all happened REALLY fast. But my breathing was OK, so I didn't worry, although OH was. I had eaten a sandwich, but wit the same filling as yesterday; I'd eaten an apple - grown in our garden, no spray and I'd had one yesterday; I'd drunk water from a bottle. The only two things different were I had had a bite of OH's coronation chicken sandwich, but only one and he'd eaten two rounds and ................. the new binoculars, the strap of which was around my neck. I took the binoculars off and we walked a bit more but made a short cut back to the car. About twenty minutes of so later, the redness was much reduced and the burning sensations had abated. But we came home a bit early and searched the Internet. Seems I am allergic to neoprene!!!

Now to find a strap that is made of something innocent!

I am fine now, but it was a bit of a shock.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #4

Hi, PP, Shelley, Angie, those to follow. Warming up a bit finally, 17 C (63 F), bright sunshine and quite windy. Another no errand sleep in day, been trying to copy some old cat pics I came across yesterday. PhotoBucket is SO slow!!

Angie, what a scary experience! Thank goodness it wasn't worse, so glad you didn't
go into shock! PP, hope you have a lovely weekend and good weather, and that Posh will not be too stressed at the cattery. When I used to vacation with Dad I called them every day to see how my boy was doing, they must have been sick of it.. Shelley, good to hear Tom's back relaxing after the vet visit; they do hate it so ....

Have a good day, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #5

Tom's thyroid level is normal !
Angie what a scary experience, glad things have settled down.
Eileen hope you have success with PB, you're right it can be slow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #6

Good news about Tom, Shelley! Give him a chin tickle from me,

I'm about to start uploading the pics to PB while I have lunch ,,, won't have to sit in front of the screen for half an hour watching the upload thingy spin and spin,,,,,,,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #7

Goodness Angie glad you're ok and the allergy symptoms have subsided, that must have been so scary PP have a lovely break, I'm sure Posh will be fine though you're sure to worry. I hope Tom's results come back ok Shelley, always an anxious time when you're waiting. DM, I get so frustrated with Photobucket too!

Nothing much happening here, nice that we don't have any rain just now but the dips and hollows in the woods are full of mud and water, soooo inviting for a nosey spaniel The garden is looking rather sorry for itself but at least the lawn is very green and healthy-looking!

Jason is being a naughty boy and clawing the new stair carpet every now and then, he's got scratching posts but doesn't use them. I think I'll put a scratching pad on the floor in their room as he seems to prefer horizontal scratching Molly is being a good girl and only ever scratches on the posts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #8

Hi Girls,

Well, we dropped Posh off at half past four and she is in her little 'cell ' with eight other cats around her for company some she can see and no doubt that will keep her curiosity going for a while. She was a good girl and didn't cry and just gave a little mew as we left which choked me up
She complained more in the carrier on the way to the farm. The kennel maid loves cats and she took to her straight away. I left her fav cushion, some toys and 2 trays of Sheba in case she won't eat the kibble they have there. They do give pouches as well, so I'm sure they will coax her. This place is so quiet tonight and its like when she was missing but at least I know she's safe this time. I still feel as though I should have got a sitter in, I just don't want her to feel abandoned. Awful guilt here!

Angie, must have been a surprise for you that you had this allergy, thank goodness that the rash has now subsided and that you found the cause.
Eileen, we'll be wallowing in high temps this w/e
Shelley,glad Tom's thyroid is fine , and my Posh is a naughty scratcher too Mrs H, my leather suite has been scagged no end!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #9

Evening ladies!
How scary for you Angie! Good that you've been able to pinpoint what it was though.
PP- have a fab weekend, we have family in Devon and used to spend every summer in Exmouth when I was a teenager, a lovely place! I'm sure Posh will settle ok but I felt so mean putting Imogen in a cattery when we went away last year-she didn't want to come home!
Glad Tom's results came back normal Shelley, must be such a relief.
Imogen has been scratching our bedroom door recently if it's shut at night, not sure what to do about that as we'll need to keep it shut once baby is here-maybe she won't want to sleep in our room with Darcy and a baby
Been making a cake for my sister's boyfriend's birthday tomorrow and going to ice it tonight-it's meant to be a car as he's a mechanic. At the moment it looks more like a boat but we'll see!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #10

Afternoon, all.
Was woken at 6am by the kitties for their breakfast..the house was so chilly so I put on a coat and socks and stood in front of the fireplace while the kitties ate their meal.
Went back to bed and woke up later and it is more comfortable at 65 degrees, though they predict rain tonight through Monday!!
Made cupcakes last night--yellow cake with chocolate frosting as K insisted while we are shopping on buying the frosting
Haven't had smokes for more than half a day...though I am very tempted to stop by the store today..I have to drop off some books at the library anyway and it's on the way...I know, I am just horrible
The medical examiner revealed this morning that the missing college student's body showed no signs of trauma and that his body was in the water this whole time and it appears that he died while in the water--speculations now whether this was foul play or an accident. There are toxicology tests that won't be back for weeks. It's all very mysterious.
Made an appt. for next week to talk to a doctor about sterilization/tubal ligation. I would very much like to do it if insurance will cover or if there is a program I fit into that would make it affordable.
Have a good day, all.