Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #1

Soaking wet Sunday

Oh dear poor Ryder Cup golfers, it's been rained off again!

They have promised that play will resume later so hope of this endless rain passing then. I have plans made to eat lunch out and then to visit friends near Swansea. The visit is still on but may decide to have a quick lunch at home instead, as I've never been to their new home it may take me a while to get there. Fire up the sat nav

Had a good telly night last night, Strictly, Merlin then Xfactor and Comedy Roadshow. Take away Indian meal and some Chardonnay. There are some good things about Autumn after all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

Re: Soaking wet Sunday

Morning PP - Morning all.

Not up to much today - beef, veg and ale are in the slow cooker so dinner will be ready this evening, going to make some dumplings later and pop them in.

Have a good one everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #3

Morning both and everyone

Making a chicken curry for tonight. Mouth watering at the thought.

Anyhow a rainy rainy day here doing nothing at all. Sal is asleep and I am pottering from plans for the back garden to cleaning out my waardrobe (half heartedly) and being on here.

I forgot Merlin was back on will have to sky+ that.

PP enjoy your meal out.

Emma any more thoughts on your exstension?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #4

Kazz now that the wedding reception is out of the way we are hoping to start the extension next year. Need to go and speak to a mortgage adviser about remortgaging first though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #5

Hi all - yes we have torrential rain here too. OH is very upset about the Ryder Cup - he'd booked his three days in front of the tv and has to keep trying to find other things to watch. There is some real rubbish on the box, but I did enjoy Merlin last evening and the Comedy Roadshow was good fun too. I find I like watching stand-up much more now than I used to.

Pip, after having been out and got thoroughly soaked is now asleep on the outdoor chair cushions indoors and Kizzy (powers only know why) keeps going out, getting soaked and coming back inside. I think it's just she likes being dried off with paper towel. Hopefully, she'll settle soon - OH has lit the woodburner in the lounge, so she might gently steam herself.

Not really sure what I'm going to do this afternoon .... ho hum. We are having chicken curry too for supper, but the easy variety - out of a jar.

Keep dry folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #6

Hi all! Our rain is supposed to start mid afternoon and last till Tuesday! Very chilly morning 16 C (59 F), but have resisted turning the heat on so far; Leia has checked out the radiators and finding them cold has come to sit in my lap for a little warmth ... makes typing awkward Been to the market for dinner fixings (swordfish steak, curried cauliflower); nothing planned except staying in with papers and crossword.

Had a lovely dinner with Carolyn last night ... the fire alarm came whooping on as we were eating ... had the prospect of walking down 11 flights, but fortunately it was a false alarm, A bit of excitement added to the evening.

Stay dry, enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #7

Afternoon all, PP we had an Indian take away last night, in fact we have one most Saturdays, i love Korma.
Emma i'm doing a rice pudding in our slow cooker, it's a little awkward cooking sometimes in our house as i'm vegetarian and Howard and Chris are not.
Kazz hows the wardroble clearing going.
Angie hope that soggy Kizzy has settled down.
Eileen you sure have some elaborate sounding meals.
Just been to pets @ home with Malaika, she needed some more food, we were hoping to get her a winter coat as she has super short fur and feels the cold but the choice was not good.
Got Tom and Jerry some Royal Canin complete food to try, they only have dry for breakfast.
Just as i was finishing my meal i heard a dreadfull caterwauling, went outside to find Tom had the neighbours Cat pinned down on our drive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #8

Hi all - dry and sunny here. Cleaned out the coop and ark today, added some shavings to the run as it was quite wet and mushy. OH has been given a new working dog to trial before deciding to buy - went to see her today and there is just something about her I don't like. She barks as you pass her and has that sort of sideway look as she shows you her teeth. Our other dogs are so friendly, this is a new situation. We'll see how she settles - it is OH she has to work for.

Kittens have been having a mad morning. They are testing out their leaping skills using me as a practice tree! Ouch!! Izzi can manage floor to windowsill. Breagh not that sure yet.

Trying out a recipe for chicken sizzler tonight. Sounds and looks nice - just hope it tastes good too.

Glad your meal went wel last night DM - what did you have?
I see your cats have given up trying to stay dry angieh!!!!
Hope you get to Swansea without incident PP.
EmmaG - we have a slow cooker which I never use, you've put me in mind of pulling it out and having a go.
Looking forward to hearing about the back garden plans Kazz.

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps.

Shelley - didn't ignore you as it took me so long to post you've jumped in!! Hope there is not too much damage to the neighbours cat!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #9

Yes Eileen what did you have?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #10

CM don't worry Terry the neighbours Cat is fine, i think there was more posturing and wailing than biteing