Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #1

Frogman Friday

Time to grow flippers and fins
Those poor souls in Newport for the Ryder Cup are getting drowned. It started here last night and the rain was causing so much noise on the perspex roof of the utility room that Posh refused to use the litter tray out there and was yowling so much I had to get out of bed and sort it.

No bread in the house so will have to make a dash to the shops later, only so much Ryvita I can stand

Take cover, take care. Wellies ahoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #2

Re: Frogman Friday

Glug, glug, glug PP here too, and blowing a hoolie. My poor OH is very frustrated because the Ryder Cup has, temporarily, been rained off. Pip keeps braving the rain and wind and coming in absolutely soaked. Kizzy is dozing in her Kizzynest, dreaming of dry weather and warm sunshine. I need to go to the vet to pick up some Advocate, but perhaps I'll wait and see if it eases somewhat this afternoon. It's MIL's laundry day today, so the tumble dryer will be on overtime.

Talking about Ryvita - has anyone tried the new black pepper variety yet????

Have a good day everyone and stay as dry as you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

Wet and soggy here too - Hope you manage to get out in a wee dry 'window' PP. I love the word Kizzynest, think it should become part of our catsey vocabulary!

Home early as have a stinking head cold and feel like s***!

May go for a soak in the bath and an early night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #4

Wet day here too.
Been to work this morning then over to see my son in his flat. Things are not yet perfect for him but he's doing much better than last time he tried to fly the nest.
I was touched when i got home and recieved a text message to say look under the car seat. He's bought me a bag of jelly babies because i'd said i like them
Have had an achy arm since last night, don't know why, feels a bit like toothach in my arm. It's the same arm that i banged the elbow on a few weeks ago, could be that or maybe something i've done at yoga.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Been out paid some bills got soaked now home, took Sal come out for a walk before I started to get dry..... she is now dry; of course I put her towel over the radiator before we went out so I could dry her when we came back. Dog before human of course.

Anyhow doing nothing now, had a nice meal out last night, really enjoyed the company and the food.

Not sure what to have for dinner, was going to have fish and chips from the chippy but don't fancy it....so in debate now.

Regarding the golf seems Michael Douglas's wife has returned home hope thats not a sign he is worse.

PP Good luck braving the weather.
Angie not tried or heard of black pepper ryvita will have to look out for it I like ryvita.
CM Bath and early night sounds just about right.

Take care all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #6

Hi all, sounds as if you're being drenched in your turn. Our rain is finally over, we got 4.47" here in the City, much worse in outlying areas, some 6 - 10+"! At least the drouth is eased. Cloudy, 16 C (60 F) with gusty winds; should haver gone out as I'm out of fresh fruit for lunch, but decided to stay in and open a tin of pears instead as it's rather yucky still.

Angie, I never knew a cat as unfazed by rain as Pip! Never heard of ryvita, Kazz, a sort of bread? Shelley, hope the arm improves. PP, hope you can shop in between deluges; CM, take care of that cold, nasty things, aren't they?

Could be worse... snowing!

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #7

Hi Eileen! Glad your rain is over - ours is meant to fizzle out tonight and tomorrow promises to be better - fingers crossed!

Ryvita is a crispbread and has been around for a long time here in UK - certainly since I was a child.

Sorry to hear about your head cold CM - bath and bed sound the ticket. Hope you feel better very soon.

Meant to add - was talking to the nice woman at the vets this afternoon. She also has a cat who is fearless when it comes to rain and goes out in all weathers, like Pip!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #8

Must be in the white and ginger genes Oscar was always out in the rain in fact he was out regardless of weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #9

Afternoon, all.
Just finishing my caffeine fix and will start getting dressed and tidying for K's stepdad due here at 2pm to drop off some things while K's mom is at acupuncture therapy in a town nearby..
Then we're off to do errands. Got paid today and need to pick up some more cat food and litter.
After that, maybe a quick stop to the grocery and home to relax and probably watch movies tonight.
Have a good day, everyone!

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Must be in the white and ginger genes Oscar was always out in the rain in fact he was out regardless of weather.
The vet receptionist's cat is all black!!!