Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
28-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #1

I've lost it!

We have just agreed to take in another rabbit- in fact she was delivered this morning. The owner has gone to uni and mum and dad don't have time to care for her- she is 5. She's a lovely white lionhead called Betsy.

I was so quiet for such a long time and suddenly there are animals needing homes all over the place. I guess now we are a registered charity, people think you will take in all, never thinking that the amount of money you take in or the time you have doesn't really change!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #2

Re: I've lost it!

Don't stretch yourself too thin, farthing. You can't help them all; I do so admire what you do for these animals!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #3

Lucky bunny is what I say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
29-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #4

I know we have to be careful about the animals we take on, I don't want to compromise care or diets. I guess I think we can give better care for the oldies and don't want to see them going to busy rescues where they may be overlooked.
We do have 2 people aho want to do voluntary work here. A 16 year old girl who wants experience handling animals because she wants to be a vet and an older gentleman who wants to do a couple of afternoons a week, just tidying up and keeping things neat. It will be a huge help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #5

That's such good news farthing - especially if, after the initial showing what needs to be done, you feel confident that the volunteers are capable to get on unsupervised. That will be a load off your mind.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #6

Well done - I have a friend who had to give her buns up due to a lot of personal reasons - she searched long and hard untl she found someone wonderful like yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #7

Good news! Hope the volunteers work out well that would be such a big help.