Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Sunshiney Sat

Nice sunshiney day here now, the car was iced up this morning when i went car booting so that was a shock.
Quick catchup on the internet then a bit of weeding and a Dog walk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #2

Re: Sunshiney Sat

Morning Shelley, we had frost here too which we didn't expect. Contractors back today, sun out, housework done.

Going to attempt some Autumn tidying in garden.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #3

Morning Shelley, CM! Catch up Catsey time atm for me with a very naughty Chelsea bun. No frost here yet ..... just finished the chilli harvest. OH is making sweet red pepper and chilli chutney today and I am taking the tomato plants out of the greenhouse as we've had almost all the crop. They did very well this year, especially the Italian plum tomatoes. Have to avoid the big s****r as I get to the far end of the greenhouse though. I don't want to disturb her .................. eeeeek! She's too high up for Pip to get, just above eye level.

Have a good day everyone, especially if you have some sunshine. It's lovely and warm in the sun, but a bit chilly in the shade. Promise of things to come I'm afraid.

Has anyone noticed whether there is a good acorn harvest this year? I think I remember Eileen saying it was in Washington. It seems quite poor here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #4

Hi all! We do have sunshine today and still nicely warm, 25 C (77 F) now before lunch, and made a record 99 F yesterday! Won't last, a cold front on the way with needed rain. No library again, am half thru my 1100 page epic; a lie-in and chores.

Angie, we do have a heavy acorn crop this year, our street is lined with old oaks and the curbs are almost ankle deep in acorns, Bad sign!! Re that out of reach s****r, you can spray it with some hair spray or liquid wax if you have no insecticide; that will work, I've done it. My chilis are doing well, must take a pic. Eeek, Shelley and CM, frost! Too soon!

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #5

Angie leave it alone remember the saying "If you wish to live and thrive let the spider run alive"

Morning all, at least i is to us on nights, excellent nights work really enjoyed it,tired and will be shattered by tomorrow, but fine from then on 2nd night is always the worst to me.

See you all tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #6

I wouldn't harm the spider - she's not in the house. I would not purposefully kill any spider. I have trained myself to employ the glass and beer mat to evict them if at all possible. I am afraid I took out her web though, because it was in the way, she was safe up on one of the greenhouse struts. That'll give her something to do tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #7

LOL at the spider Angie - I always leave them along, if they are in the house a glass and piece of cardboard always comes out!!

Not been up to much today - we have got some family over tomorrow so we popped to our local deli today and got a lovely free range chicken from there. Also got some liver and bacon and will have that tonight with some mash and veg.

Going to download some more kindle books to my Ipod - they are great to read on there and they cost less than the shops - best to get the unabridged versions though.

Have a good evening everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #8

Hi al! Started off well with an early rise because we had workmen in to insulate the loft. We had some insulation there but had it boarded and needed more 'stuffing' around the edges to comply with new eco/green recommendations. Apparently the council, our borough council, are doing it for free for over 60's and Ceri qualifies

Then as it was such a bright day, I pottered around the garden. The second lot of workmen to my house came at 11 to put sealant on my patio ready for winter, they finished this afternoon after 2 coats of sealant. Tom and his parents came for a cuppa and cake.

Unusual for us not to have been shopping today but nice to spend time at home in the sun.

PS. Always love your spiders, they kill our mortal enemies the flies. It's spider month, they are coming in from the cold, keep them safe from harm. Remember they are more scared of us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #9

Just an ordinary Saturday, usual chores, a bit of Autumn tidying in the garden, dog walk in the woods (poor acorn crop - just as well as Morgan likes to scoff them and they're toxic to dogs ) Need to start thinking about what cake recipe to use this year for that special cake on 25/12/2010 and check the larder for supplies this evening, there's probably nothing worth watching on tv anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #10

My word, you all are certainly kind to spiders! I do the glass and beer mat thing with bees, wasps, etc., but spiders get stomped or sprayed ASAP. I cannot abide them. Maybe not a proper respect for life attitude, bu that's the way it is.