Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #1

Monday Mizzle

Mist and drizzle that is Was hoping for a lift in the weather but not to be. I really want to have a drying day this week coz the washing basket is full.

Everyone is still a bit dozy here this morning, Ceri is snoring and Posh has had 2 breakfasts and a quick look around outside before settling back on the pouffe for a sleep. I've had peanut butter and banana on toast for brekkie and 2 cups of tea. Making a list now of things I have to do today. Lots of birthdays + anniversaries over the next few days so cards to write.

Hope it's brighter where you are. have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Monday Mizzle

Good morning PP. Just to let you know a good friend of mine has just returned to work after a stroke last Dec.................I know strokes are different to everyone but a positive note for you.

Well its a bit brighter here than where you are maybe rained heavily all night. Bright now but threatening rain............so out to try and get the step into place in the front.

I had boiled egg and marmite wholemeal toast for brekkie, with one cup of black coffee.

Off out now into the front garden as long as it stays fine I will be out there.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #3

Miserable Monday here. Let the chooks out at 7am and they all trooped out and straight back in again. Cali was stood at the back door waiting to get in when I got back to the house and OH has decided a morning in doing paperwork

He has a chiropracter appt at 12 (can't believe the difference these appt's have made to him. So pleased I bullied him into going - and thanks for the advice from you guys) so think I'll go along and we'll go for lunch somewhere. Quite fancy Culzean Castle - will have a look see if they do lunches - we could make that in a few hours so late lunch would be nice.

Kittens managed to sleep in the hood of step daughters 'hoodie' on the dryer - looked really cute but of course by the time I got camera they were behind me.

PP - you've reminded me I need to get a couple of birthday cards. Hope your 'to do' list is doable!!

Kazz - fingers crossed the weather holds out long enough for you to get the outside tasks completed. Looking forward to pics once complete.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #4

Hi all! UPBEAT news about PL's Tabitha - great start to a Catsey catch-up.

It hammered down last night and blew a hoolie too, so we had a bit of a disturbed night. It is a bit sunny, a bit windy and a bit rainy here atm. OH is off golfing this afternoon, so I hope for his sake it keeps reasonably dry.

MIL and I have had the chiropodist visit this morning, so my feet are feeling warm and comfy. MIL is not too good - OH spoke to the GP this morning and she may have a secondary infection, so another sample to be taken in. She was quite worryingly unwell yesterday, but is a little better this morning.

Enjoy your lunch CM, hope it stays dry for you to finish off your step Kazz and hope you get all your cards written PP. Has anyone tried Moonpig for cards? They are really good IMO and you can load your own photo. Bit expensive if you've got loads to send though.

No transcription work today, so not sure what I'll fiddle around with this afternoon - maybe try and get on with the book I'm reading which is good but seems to be slow going. Have a lovely day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #5

The hall now looks much better now the decorator's finished. The yellow looks good, the 2nd coat made a huge difference, the curtains are back from the cleaners and are rehung, only need a carpet now! We have a few samples from the local carpet shops and everyone gave their opinion over the weekend and we're down to 2 possibles, final decision between the lighter grey with flecks or the mid grey with similar but slightly more muted flecks.......decisions.....decisions............

Nasty rain today, Morgan hates toiletting in the rain and was whining for about 2 hours at breakfast time because he was so uncomfortable, when we pushed him outside he ran up to the gate and back in again! he waited and waited until he was absolutely desperate and couldn't possibly hold out any longer and it had stopped raining too! He then went back to sleep

The cats of course hate the rain too, Molly is hiding in the wardrobe (that's because OH left the door ajar as usual ) and Jason is under the bed. Hope it's brighter after lunch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #6

Afternoon all,
Angie, sorry your MIL isn't too well. Like you i was cheered by the news of Tabatha.
Did you manage any gardening Kazz ?
MrsH, Malaika feels the same about toileting in the rain as Morgan, she just can't relax enough to go.
It's been very wet here all day. We did try to carry on as normal and went into Oban, initialy it was just drizzle but quickly deteriorated into lashing rain. Malaika kept trying to dash into shops, poor girl doesn't realise that dogs aren't welcome in them.
We gave up and came back to the van, cold, wet and fed up.
Howard bought some Scottish kippers for lunch and Chris and myself had Macaroni pies and beans.
Malaika was slightly cheered by a piece of Kipper.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #7

Hi all. Delightful sunny morning, although a bit cooler than normal 24 C (76 F); rain predicted for the afternoon. . No errands, a lie in and pottering.

Great news about Tabitha! Shelley, sorry about your weather, and hope the rains hold off enough so Kazz can get her gardening done and the doggies able to pee! Sad about MIL, Angie ..... MrsH, glad the yellow looked better after the second coat. CM, hope you enjoy the lunch. PP, so glad Posh is back to normal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #8

Woke up this morning to discover we are out of coffee and K fast asleep and I still can't drive my car
68 degrees and breezy. Wondering how I'll start my day without the necessary caffeine and how late K will sleep in so I can pester him for the store

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #9

Any tea around? Not coffee, but some caffeine .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #10

DaDaDa Dahhhhhhhh........step is down and looks fantastic. I have am considering putting a sign up in the front garden saying "Yes I am changing the garden, I know you liked it the way it was but its MY GARDEN and will look fantastic......
P.S Gardening questions will be answered between 12-12.30 or leave a note and I will reply"
#
Simply because I am being besieged honestly must have had 3 dozen people question what/why I am changing the garden. And half a dozen people ask questions about their plants........................