Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #1

Soggy Scottish Sunday

well we are sat, sitting in the caravan and the rain is belting down.
Malaika has been out a short walk to the beach earlier on so she is quite content but i am chomping at the bit to get out and about.
The area looks lovely with beach and forest walks from the bit we saw yesterday.
Soon as the rain eases off we are out
Going to have a travel free day today and explore our immediate surroundings.
Hope everyone else has a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Soggy Scottish Sunday

Where in Scotland are you? It's lovely here up on the NE Coast. Hope it brightens up for you. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #3

Ran home from the rainy south-west yesterday and it's dry and trying to be sunny here today in south Wales, tuh! Sorry its soggy in your part of Scotland, Shelley... microclimate I expect. Malaika will cope, no doubt.

Never mind, we had a good time there. Chillin today, Posh is back to her old self, having Sunday lunch in my parents, lovely !

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
22-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #4

We have lovely sunshine here just a tad further north than Elaine in fact been like this for the last 4 days

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #5

Well it's bucketing down here on the south coast - overcast, gloomy and now raining to boot!

The cats have just had a spat! Kizzy was on the kitchen table (tut tut), Harley jumped up on to the chair and Kizzy started spitting at him and swiping at him with her paw, then raced off down the hall, Harley in pursuit. Pip, who had been minding his own biscuits, followed to see what was going on and got it from Harley - Kizzy retreated to her perch and Pip and Harley jumped out of the bedroom window and legged it down the garden. OH followed with an umbrella, worried about Pip and Harley made it back through the window and on to the bed. I went out the back door and called to Pip who came racing in. The next 5 minutes were taken by OH and I trying to dry Pip off and get the sweetheart seeds out of his fur! All is calmer now and I have a coffee which is what I was doing when the whole thing kicked off. Mistress Kizzy, who I am now naming Helen of Troy was looking interested to see who won, but has now settled down. They would much rather be outdoors (a bit like Shelley) and I guess they are feeling frustrated.

Wooooo - enough excitement for one day I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
22-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #6

Overcast but warm and dry here too - Shelley you've chosen the wrong bit of Scotland!!

Been PAH shopping for the essentials. Have to say I was v disappointed in the choice of toys etc. I was looking for one of those crinkly tunnel things. Came home with a couple of catnip mice (see if they react at all) and a couple of small cloth toys. Think the store is too small to stock a full range. Seemed to have loads for dogs. Going into Glasgow next weekend and there is a larger store near the airport so I may try there.

Kitten visitors coming this afternoon so must go and get some scones in the oven and tidy the kitchen a bit.

Going to make some veg soup later.

That's about it.

Enjoy the day peeps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #7

Hi all from gloomy Washington: dank and on and off drizzle, 24 C (76 F), humidity 91%! Made it to the market between the rains, settled in for the day.

Shelley, hope the rains let up soon so you can get out and explore. Angie, quite a little family ruckus there, but funny the way you described it. Pip really doesn't mind getting soaked, doe he? CM, sometimes kittens don't react to catnip, but bet they'll love the mice anyway. Scones and veg soup ... I'm on my way!

Have a great Suuday, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #8

Well according to the forcast it is heavy rain here today and no rain at all ...although it rained in the night. So today have got to the porch door with the slabs "WHOO HOO" so just the step to do and then the titivating and planting (started some of it already and know whats going where the rain to me means I can move things a little earlier than normal)

Popped out with my sister to get a tumble dryer hers has broken, and their car is in for service so took mine. Just had a roast chicken dinner, now sitting down doing nothing.

Glad everyone is having an iokay day even if stuck in a caravan.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #9

Been beautiful here the past few days, in the 20's....although its raining now....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Where in Scotland are you? It's lovely here up on the NE Coast. Hope it brightens up for you. xxx
Sorry Elaine, wasn't ignoring you, just been out and about
We won't let a drop of rain stop us
It stopped raining so we took the chance and went onto the beach, Malaika the water girl loved paddling in the sea. The weather brightened up considerably and by the time we were on our way back it was lovely and sunny.
O/H just returned from an evening walk with her ladyship, he's rather stressed as a couple of men larking about on the beach scared her and she took off. He found her 15 mins later, shivering and shaking behind a bush.