Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
21-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #1

Saturday Daily

Up with the lark to check my new babies are ok. Despite me setting up a lovely cosy bed etc - where did they sleep? On top of the trays at the side of the cooker snuggled up on the oven gloves. Need to try to persuade them that is not the comfiest place in the world.

Going to tidy up the living room with the antics of two lively kittens in mind! Name choosing ongoing. Nothing has really hit the spot so far.

Was going to shepdog trials in Kinross but we've decided to stay in. May get a bit of gardening done. Looks a bit overcast but is warm and dry so far.

Enjoy your Saturday peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily

Just had to go and read your kitten post.....smashing.....what a brilliant surprise. What a lovely OH you have, like you say name choosing is difficult. I do envy you the prospect though.

Bit overcast today. Not doing much today, need to get a few bits and pieces for the front.

Everyone have lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #3

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your house today CM and watch those lovely littlies playing. Are they going to be long haired? They do look so cute - had to go back and have another look this morning. Three cheers for your OH!

Thinking about poor Liz and her family and wondering if Tabitha has come home.

Harley is back to himself this morning. Think he was just having an off day yesterday.

Horrid weather here - miserable, grey, bit of wind, bit of rain. It's not made it's mind up to do anything properly. Still, mustn't complain as I hear that there are weather warnings out for parts of Scotland. Hope all our Catseyers will be safe.

What's for supper everyone? We are having warming cottage pie with runner beans.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
21-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #4

No sign of Tabitha today, we've been out looking again but nothing Not going to give up hope yet though.
Think the baby must be picking up on my stress as he/she has been wriggling about like crazy today.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #5

So sorry Liz - I keep hoping for a happy outcome.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #6

Fingers x'd for Tabitha to put in an appearance soon, Liz.
We're back earlier than expected from our visit to Plymouth and North Devon. Although we did meet our duty to visit with my long time friend and see her new place, and attend a friend's wedding, we made the visit shorter because of the weather and Ceri's anxiety. He did well to travel the distance but was a bit unsettled by the new surroundings and all the goings on and wanted to come home. We'll leave the caravan visit for when the weather is better.

Lovely to hear about CM's kitten surprise. Will read a few posts to catch up. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #7

Another lovely morning, 27 C (82 F), sun, a little humid. Up to the library to change books, just pottering, no news.

Liz, still hoping for news of Tabitha, PP, sorry you had to cut the trip short, but nice you're back. How's Posh? Angie, good that Harley's OK; dinner here will be spaghetti and meat balls, salad, roll. CM. kittens do pick the oddest places to sleep; may we have more pics of the nameless ones, please?!

Enjoy the day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #8

hi, everyone.
feel a little more clearheaded after a good night's rest. i have new meds that have been given to me and i do say they make me sleep in a way i feel refreshed and ready to face the world again next morning.
watching after the ferrets as baby bear is better but keeping a close eye to see if it's anything contagious and awaiting a phone call back from the vet.
Solomon didn't sleep with me for the first time last night, decided he was a Big Cat now and laid by himself on the cat tree. But he purred like he hadn't seen me in years this morning so I forgave him He did a big yawn and I saw he very much still has those cute little baby teeth..trying to remember when those are replaced with adult, can't remember just yet.
K's mother visited yesterday and got to meet him and she was quite taken with him as she used to keep Siamese when K was a little boy. Of course I went on about how friendly and outgoing he is and he snubbed her and made me look a fool
I was a bit emotional last night with the worry of illness in this house and I'm just recovering from that. Think I would like it to be a calm and quiet day..productive but not in such a frazzled way as I'm used to getting. I get so overwhelmed with emotion when any of my babies are not feeling well and being overly tired makes me more vulnerable to acting like that so I'm going to try to be cool and collected and not lose my senses.
Still gushing over CM's kittens, my goodness they are sweet. There is a country feed store down the road I sometimes go to for the odd pet supply here and there, very small mom and pops place and we were getting gasoline the other day and drove by and in the window it said they had kittens and K was like "you're not allowed in there!", i assured him that's quite alright i am just fine at three right now but agreed we shouldn't stop in until kitten season is over as they do push for homes for those kittens pretty hard. last summer i went there to pick something up and the cashier was ringing me up and got a wry smile and said "add $10 to your order for a kitten?" and i laughed and told her i think K would kill me and she went on and on so i know better than to go back in there around summertime.
anyway... have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #9

I've been off-air for a whole week because my daughter's OH was messing with my laptop last Sunday and suddenly everything shut down! Hubby's laptop and the pc wouldn't work either and the wireless router died! Son has been here today and has managed to unscramble the settings again so my machine works but we had to buy a new router, just concidence that it died at the same time, but even so I blame HIM!

It's 2 months to our son's wedding and the men went off today to sort out their suit hire (Hubby was shocked at his waist measurement......... ) It's a shame but very few of our side of the family are able to travel from the north of England for the occasion, good job the bride has a large family and they also have a large group of friends!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #10

Had to laugh at the feed store and pushing kittens, Tink .... but why don't they get the mum spayed! So sad. Glad the new meds are helping.

MrsH, I would have gone mad being off line that long, so glad you're back.