Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #1

Severely Soggy Saturday

Morning all.

Heavy rain all night, waking me up a couple of times. Overcast and dark here still now like late evening.

Off to get a bit of food shopping. Thats it really. This coming week should be my last of not being at work back to work hopefiuly next Wed......nurse this Tuesday then Doc next Tuesday...work Wed......(fingers crossed) part time for the first fortnight......YEAH .....don't know if it will be yeah when I get back but you I will be back.

Anyhow thats it for me apart from tryin to dodge the rain today to get Sal out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

Re: Severely Soggy Saturday

I'm so glad your recuperation has gone well Kazz. Not sure I'd be quite so keen to go back to work ...... working for myself is enough for me. Got some work to do today as it happens! Feast or famine basically.

It's a very gloomy day here too. We have had rain, not as heavy as you've had it. Seems there's something stuck with the jet stream which is why so many countries have had catastrophic weather - Russia one extreme and Pakistan the other. "Experts" are now debating whether it is due to climate change or increased solar activity which can't be blamed on human activity.

Anyhow, OH has found enough raspberries on our bushes to put down one lot of raspberry vodka this morning. The apple, plum and gooseberry varieties seem to be doing well, especially the plum.

Curry tonight for supper - think it's a good idea - will compliment the fact that I have two jumpers on, one lambswool and a snuggly pair of merino socks!!!

Enjoy your day folks .......... I hear that tomorrow will be better weather-wise!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #3

Hello Kazz and Angie and anyone else who is around.
Back to work, eh Kazz, thats a big milestone, you have done well.
I used to love my job and have always been full time apart from the last few years. Now i wouldn't like to go back full time, i just seem to have so many other things to do.
Wish i could find a job working from home.
My youngest son, Chris and myself have been on a canal boat trip this afternoon, realy nice ride with a cup of hot chocolate and biscuits.
Now it's back into the doll room !

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #4

Hot chocolate? Now that's a very good idea!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #5

Hot chocolate - I drink that all the time!! Might make a cuppa..

Been in the garden for a bit this morning, then out to get some chips from the chippie for lunch and whilst there I park up and pick bramble leaves for the bunnies... got a whole bag full!

Home now - cats are snoozing the afternoon away.. I am pottering about as it is now tipping it down with rain outside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #6

Back to the long sleeved jumpers for me too, although not as far as lambswool yet! Raining here now too. Had a nice jaunt out to Abergavenny this morning, bought gifts for a wedding and engagement, nice latte and carrot cake then home.

Everyone sounds busy making plans ans puds I'm going to have a week filled with appointments too, nails, hair and opticians. MOT time

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #7

That reminds me ............. need to book my car for it's MOT due towards the end of the month.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #8

Hi all! No rain here, just some weak sunshine vying with the clouds, and still much cooler than normal: 27 C (73 F). Skipped the library as I have enough to last till next Saturday. Spoke too soon about the mouse: the popcorn left out as a check last night vanished.....? Where is my mighty mouser? This is getting embarrassing

Sorry it's a wet Saturday for some; hope the sun appears soon; this has been weird weather this year. Hope you'll not overdo at work, Kazz; take it easy for a bit. The canal boat sounds like fun, Shelley; I've never done that although we do have them on the C & O canal that runs thru the City. Angie, you have a small distillery going!! All that tasty vodka

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #9

Well back in now, heavy heavy rain including lightening.....making chicken fried rice later tonight......rice left over from the curry the other day, much better with couple day old rice, and chicken from dinner yesterday had some for lunch with sarnies..... the rest for the chicken fried rice tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #10

Went shopping in Guildford today and discovered that mid August is absolutely the best time to go there! No traffic queues, loads of car parking spaces and half-empty shops! I suppose it's because a lot of people are away on holiday and also no university students right now either.

I ended up in Lakeland for some bits and pieces and the White Company which handily is just next door and Marks and Spencer's where OH bought himself some new stuff, including a new pair of slippers (at last!! he's wearing them so much more now we're retired and they were getting rather pongy!!) I then spent part of the afternoon making jam, blackberry and apple 5lbs of it. There are enough blackberries left for another batch of about the same size and there'll still be enough for a pudding too! Free Fruit!!