Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #1

Sunday Sunshine

Here you go sunshine again on a daily.

Just had boiled egg and marmite toast and now popped onto catsey before I pop out to see a garden open day.
Took the books/videos/dvds etc to the CP shop yesterday, and was tempted by a hot pork, stuffing and apple sauce bap. YUMMY. See what I can find yummy today.

Progressing on the front garden plans. Just need tweaking then getting some quotes.....because guess what I have decided to get workmen in.......I know not like me but time has come and I want it done properly and I am not up to digging wheelbarrowing etc etc dift hardcore slabs etc......so I am keeping the eccomony rolling.

Just need to tweak the plans, but have the basic idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

Re: Sunday Sunshine

Great idea to get the men in Kazz, you certainly don't want to be going around lifting heavy slabs etc. Make sure you supervise them well!

Very lazy start to the day here, I didn't get up until 9.30, by then the dog and cats had been breakfasted and the Sunday paper read by OH but he hadn't got round to getting dressed. He's just now gone up to shower and I've been getting the beef into the oven and the Yorkshire pudding batter made. (just realised that's 2 Sundays running that we've had beef, must make sure we have a change next week!)

Nothing much planned for the day, watching the F1 on tv and OH will probably want to spend some time on the roof again. See you all later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #3

Hi Kazz, MrsH!

It's a bit gloomy here - got very dark a while ago and I thought it was going to help me out and rain, but no such luck. Will have to put the hose pipe out amongst the runner beans this afternoon.

Bit of a sogging day here - some washing is out but I'm going to have a bit of a rest today because I am 58! If it doesn't rain, I may go and read a book outside ....... or not.

Our sirloin steaks were absolutely wonderful yesterday evening. Unfortunately, MIL upset OH by keeping on about going home, so the atmosphere was uncomfortable and OH did not enjoy his meal. So sad. She's really getting to him at the moment.

I was given a Sony walkman by OH for my birthday. It's tiny and amazing. Again unfortunately, the CD player on the computer doesn't want to work (although the DVD is fine and it's the same bit of kit). So I can't load anything on to the Walkman until that's fixed. We're stumped and I'll have to call my computer wizard tomorrow. Ah well.

OH has made me a lovely cake - I'll post photos in a bit.

Hope everyone, especially Boys' Mum, has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #4

Hi Kazz, MrsH, Angie! A warm start to the day here, 32 C (91 F), but there is a breeze and not too humid, may get t'storms this afternoon, We need rain again, very dry. Been to the market and just relaxing now.

Happy Birthday again, Angie; glad the steaks were good, sorry about MIL Hope your roof sitter gets some good pics, MrsH, and that you enjoy the beef. I'm having a crab cake again, spinach, potatoes rissole and a roll, a favorite meal I have probably a bit too frequently! Kazz, so glad you're getting workmen in to do the heavy lifting!!

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #5

Hi, everyone!
By some miracle, I am up and at em at 9am this morning, so unlike me
MrsH I laugh out loud about your descriptions of your OH. Reminds me of how I feel about K and his activities sometimes (suffice to say the neighborhood already thought he was odd before I moved in ).
Last night Solomon spent a good deal of time with two of the three dogs (the third was in the bedroom guarding K's feet as he played a video game). They got on fairly well and it was nice because he had the whole rest of the house to run through if he felt uncomfortable. Misfit is so silly and just simply rolled over and "submitted" to him. Dee'ogee is our gentle giant but has a very loud bark that startled him. She also doesn't see as well anymore so if something she doesn't recognize comes into the corner of her eye,she will startle and bark. Being about 120 lbs. it is quite a bark but the old girl won't do more than that. Also, Solomon and Kuan Yin played while Hestia sat on my lap so that was a nice moment
Have no idea what's in store for the day, probably just putter around the house most likely Have a good day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

It's wonderful how Solomon is fitting in so well with the rest oif the animals ... he is a fearless little fellow, isn't he? No long adjustment periods with hissing,spitting, rowering and sulking ... you are so lucky!