Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #1

Nice Warm Tuesday

Well it is still here - not so swelteringly hot with a nice breeze. I am working in the garden today. Digging up irises that have done nothing again and will redesign that part of the border as a herb garden.

Will probably pop back for a lunchtime catch-up. I do hope everyone is well.

Anyone know anything about alarms??? Ours keeps beeping intermittently but MIL has not pulled the cord and is safe watching TV in her room - I have checked! OH is off playing golf, so I guess I'll have to try to ignore it until he gets home. I wonder if it is a low battery warning, but I was so sure it's mains operated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #2

Re: Nice Warm Tuesday

I thought of a battery too Angie, maybe it has a back up system.
Well, still no signs of her loveliness appearing. I leave the utility door ajar and some food and water out ready just in case. I'm not giving up hope but I realise that I have to move on and stop being upset at every mention of her name etc.
Anyhow, Ceri has need of my concentration and his therapy must carry on. He's out walking in the morning and helping me with housework. I try and get him to do mental tasks like making shopping lists and reading the newspaper out to me. He started a book last week but has stopped again, so will appreciate a few cooler days so that he'll stay in and get back to that.

Will get the strimmer out later coz I didn't do that yesterday, also will marinade some salmon steaks for dinner later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #3

Not many people talking today, must be out enjoying this weather. We all feel we must make the most of it in case it goes away.
Hope you have the alarm sorted Angie, it must be driving you nuts.
Sorry to hear Posh isn't home yet PP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #4

I'm in the office sweltering. Anticipated cooler weather so wore a long-sleeved top. Big mistake! I'm very busy hence not much input here.

Not much else to report - Balie started eating with a vengeance yesterday evening so I'm a bit happier about that now - long may it continue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #5

Still coolish here, mostly cloudy, 20 C (68 F); the warm up has been moved to tomorrow .... Slept in, did some pruning along the wall by the sidewalk where everything was getting rampant again! Wouldn't it be nice if our flowers and vegetables had as much vigor as things like ivy and weeds?

Speaking of veggies, the potatoes are almost as tall as the tomato plants now; is that normal? First time I've grown them in the ground rather than in a pot

Angie, is that your smoke alarm? The low-battery beeping can drive you distracted! Yola, good news about Bailie; Nette, still praying here.

Hope all are well and having a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #6

I managed to get some housework done today, it's so much easier now that it's a little bit cooler. The bright sun of the last few days certainly showed how grubby the glass in the windows was!

Sorry to hear Posh hasn't turned up yet.

As Eileen mentioned the vigour of weeds, it reminded me that there's now a sign by the path in part of the woods saying "Warning Herbicide" It really puzzled us for a moment, I mean the woods are full of weeds! brambles, nettles, dock, why just this one place? Then we had a closer look and it seems to be a (so far) small patch of the dreaded Japanese Knotweed . Today it looked as though the leaves were curling up a bit, fingers crossed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
25-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #7

So much nicer weather here today! We don't have air con at work and can't have windows open incase of escapees! So it can be like an oven at times!
Given Darcy a haircut today as she wasn't coping with a long coat in the heat, my career change as a groomer is a long way off, but it'll grow back
Feeling quite energetic this evening so I'm off for a swim in a bit, trying to go at least twice a week now.
Have a lovely evening all
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #8

Just realised I have been browsing the daily all day but not replied once......SORRY

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #9

Not a bad day taking it easy, had a nice chat with couple friends from work and have to say they are having a rough time maybe it seems worse when you are not there to help resolve it. Or see it from the inside.

Making plans to go out for a meal or three in the coming weeks months....door to door service offered to me all round too.....

Still have faith in Posh coming home not sure why I am so convinced.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #10

Evening all, normal day for me, work and gym and just had my hair cut (just trimmed)

Managed 30 mins running on the treadmill which I was happy with - also did some free weights.