Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #1

Wide Awake Sunday

Well, today is the first day I've been 'allowed' a long lie since beginning of April. How I relished the thought. Bed all to myself, breakfast in bed around 9am, straight up and into shower, lounge about for a wee while etc. So, of course I've been wide awake since 6am, no amount of eyes pressed shut and hiding under the duvet could persuade my inbuilt clock that it was ok to have a few hours more

I've let the chooks out (Martha is still sitting tight ) walked Cali, done some weeding and hoovered the hall. Now going to have breakfast and settle down to watch my favourite TV show Mist, sheepdog tales. (On ch5 milkshake childrens programmes - it is brilliant IMO )

Later plans to get the ark moved, catch up on the weeding and if the sun/wind manage to dry off the overnight rain then mow the lawn.

Whatever you're doing today have a good one xx CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
16-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Wide Awake Sunday

Morning!
We went up to my mum's for a bbq last night-Darcy was in heaven with all that space to run around in! She met a chicken for the first time (she was so shocked by this giant bird, she threw herself to the floor and 'command-crawled' towards her. Chicken just wandered away )
It completely wore her out though and she wasn't up until 9 this morning!
A bit of housework to do this morning then will probably walk up to the garden centre for a look around-want to plant out the wooden troughs we now have in our courtyard, it needs a bit of brightening up.
Have a good day all, hope it stays dry.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #3

Hi CM, PL! It was bright and sunny earlier, but overcast now and looking like rain. I have some plants to pot on in the greenhouse this morning. OH is making carrot soup for supper.

Nothing much planned other than that. OH will be watching the Grand Prix later and I must dust our bedroom!

Isn't it just the way, CM, when you are allowed to have a lie-in, you just can't!

I loved your description of Darcy and the chicken, Liz. My chickens were scared of dogs, but the cats were scared of the chickens! Hope your icky-ness has lessened.

Enjoy your Sunday peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #4

Morning all.

Not a bad day weather wise......bit chilly. Nothing much else to say house arrest can get boring.........but feel okay a fair few twinges and discomfort deep inside which I am taking to be healing.......things joining together. No gain without pain as they say........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #5

Bit damp here. Rained a bit earlier but it now just feels slightly humid. Took Domi for his mock ballet exam, we (the Mums) were allowed to watch - blimey those kids work hard! For 6/7 year olds they are doing so well!

Then to the allotment briefly (via waitrose) and back home to cook beetroots for our dinner (which will be roast pork) and to download Domi's SS GB pics and emailed them to myself ready for printing out in colour from the office tomorrow.

Just relaxing a bit with a glass of wine before OH and Sebi get back from their walk into town, and then it'll be time to take Domi swimming

All cats getting some fresh air in the garden. Oh, and I put the upstairs little tray in the spot where Balie's been going to the toilet down here in the basement and he's started using it. Hopefully that'll see an end to the floor fouling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #6

Afternoon all

Well it has been housework, housework and more housework!!!

Going to have a nice roast chicken later - really looking forward to it.

Yesterday the jewellers phoned to say that our blank wedding bands are in and we went down to try them on (we are having them made) I will post up some pictures later for anybody who is interested in seeing them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Afternoon all

Well it has been housework, housework and more housework!!!

Going to have a nice roast chicken later - really looking forward to it.

Yesterday the jewellers phoned to say that our blank wedding bands are in and we went down to try them on (we are having them made) I will post up some pictures later for anybody who is interested in seeing them.
Emma I think you should warn Azz of possible meltdown on the thread when you post pictures, of COURSE WE WANT TO SEE THEM............we are all cyber wedding junkies.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #8

Beautiful day here, cut the grass, now getting ready to go to the beach with the mutts...
Maggie is now a young lady, she is in season....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #9

Hi everyone! Some sun, cooler than normal at 17 C (62 F); needed a jacket on the walk to the market; crab cake and lovely fresh spinach for dinner.

Leia seems a bit mopy this morning and had a loose movement yesterday; she ate OK though, am keeping an eye on her ...

Love to see the ring pics, Emma! CM, glad Martha is still sitting. Good news about the litter box trick, Yola; Kazz, hang in there, house arrest will be over soon, do take care! PL, so funny about Darcy and the chicken. Never had carrot soup, Angie, hope you enjoy it.

Have a good day,,,,