Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Easter Sunday

......Happy Easter Sunday everyone, the sun is shinning and all is good with the World here.

Turkey is just going in the oven, and just I'm eating bacon toast sarnie as I type.

Have a lovely day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #2

Re: Easter Sunday

Happy Easter Kazz, everyone!

Has been lovely here and have been in the greenhouse potting on tomatoes and leeks and planting some more seeds. My greenhouse is beginning to fill up with plants and look more like a greenhouse!

Kizzy and Pip have been helping and Kizzy caused consternation to next door's chickens by climbing up on top of the greenhouse and looking at them! Next door's grand-daughter was quick to spot the fact that Kizzy was making the chickens cluck and carry on! I'm sure she'd not hurt them - I remember Merlin and Smudge always gave the hens a wide berth! Only need to get our new shed and repair the run and who knows .................. I'd love to have a few hens again.

Hope your turkey is great Kazz - our pork is going in about 2.30 as we are eating this evening.

Enjoy your day everyone - don't eat all your Easter Eggs at once!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #3

Afternoon all

Wishing you a blessed and Happy Easter.

Had a lovely service at church this morning, the sunday school were all wearing their easter bonnets , so Hayley was happy to show hers off again lol. Our roast beef is in the cooker just now. Hoping to eat about 3.30

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #4

Well have just eaten and have to say it was superb. Turkey, mashed and roast potatoes, gravy (homemade not granules) cauli cheese sauce, green beans, carrots, swede, parsnips,stuffing..... simply scrumptious.

Made even more enjoyable by the fact I have managed to be in the garden since earlier. Got loads done but the garden looks like a disaster area.....honestly. But to make a cake you have to break eggs.....see how I brought eggs into the posting with it being easter.... .....Easter Egg.....Get it.

The major descision now seems to be what to have for pudding...choices choices choices.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

Kazz you are making me hungry!!!

Roast beef for us today

Haven't been up to much - at bit of housework - hoping to get out in the garden tomorrow if it is nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #6

we've just had ours too. Yum! L) Just letting it settle before we have our raspberry cheesecake ice cream.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #7

Happy Easter, everyone! It's a picture perfect day here, 18 C (64 F), blue skies. and will warm up to 24 degrees by afternoon. Perfect for people showing off their Easter bonnets, going to services or to the Cherry Blossom festival.

Did my market run and probably do some gardening this afternoon ... too nice to stay inside. My tomato seedlings are showing true leaves now. Angie, had to laugh at Kizzy "looking" at the chickens in the wrong way. Everyones meals sound lovely; I'm not eating till 7 as usual, I never fancy the big meal in mid day. Leia shall have a bit of ham for a treat!

Enjoy the day, and tomorrow too; it's not a holiday here.

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Happy Easter, everyone! It's a picture perfect day here, 18 C (64 F), blue skies. and will warm up to 24 degrees by afternoon. Perfect for people showing off their Easter bonnets, going to services or to the Cherry Blossom festival.

Did my market run and probably do some gardening this afternoon ... too nice to stay inside. My tomato seedlings are showing true leaves now. Angie, had to laugh at Kizzy "looking" at the chickens in the wrong way. Everyones meals sound lovely; I'm not eating till 7 as usual, I never fancy the big meal in mid day. Leia shall have a bit of ham for a treat!

Enjoy the day, and tomorrow too; it's not a holiday here.
#

Really I thought Easter was a holiday in the USA.....mind you I think I got that infomation from the film Easter Parade.......not a particularly reliable source it appears

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #9

That was the best pork EVER. Sweet, tender, lovely crispy light crackling .................. I'm still licking my lips!

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That was the best pork EVER. Sweet, tender, lovely crispy light crackling .................. I'm still licking my lips!
HUSH....woman I adore crackling.....