Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #1

Easter Saturday...

Well I know its Easter Saturday but I don't think it has an official name there is Maunday Thursday, Good Friday...so again Happy Easter all.

The day has started off okay here weather wise. Bright but now overcast, almost rain.

Oh well whats the saying April showers bring forth May flowers....

If I can get the garden I will if I can't not sure what I will do....but not ironing not in the mood. Its the boat race today too......I like watching it but don't mind who wins....strange how such a "less populated sport" become popular enough for mainstream TV for one day only.

Have a good day all whatever you find yourself doing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #2

Re: Easter Saturday...

Morning Kazz and everyone, Happy Easter to all!

The morning started with clear blue sky and beautiful sunshine but that has now been overtaken by a solid bank of grey cloud ....I, too, was hoping to get out in the garden today

Spending a quiet day today but have the family coming tomorrow for an Easter Egg hunt and a buffet later. I've given strict orders that no-one is to give me an Easter Egg this year!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #3

Yes, Happy Easter Saturday all! We had a violent hailstorm early this morning - OH was woken up by it and the hail stones were still lying by the time we were up and dressed. It's very chilly out - I've been to the greenhouse, but it's even chilly in there. Blue sky, a bit breezy and threatening clouds. My computer thermometer is registering 7C.

We are going to our local free range butcher shop in a short while and hope to come home with a nice joint of happy pork for tomorrow. Must not pin my hopes too highly on crackling and apple sauce just yet!

Have a good day everyone - keep warm and dry if you can.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
03-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #4

Morning everyone!
Happy Easter Saturday! It's a grey and cold day today. Haven't had no sun for days now. The dogs hidden under the stairs away from the cat after what happened this morning. The dog was walking out to the kitchen and then the cat jumped out from behind the door So funny the dog jumped then ran upstairs but then the cat found him so he's decided to hide under the stairs!
Going out later food shopping. I always try to get it done as fast as possible.

Hope everybody has a good day today. Xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #5

Like you girls in the South it started off well here, blue skies and sunshine. So I got down to work, washed and ironed and then cleaned around, now its cloudy and very cold again... pah ...
No plans for today, although I feel like getting out of the house for a bit of fresh air later.
Ceri still lacks motivation due to the clinical depression and would spend all day watching telly but I'll try and shift him later too.
My friend is moving house today so hope the rain stays off for her sake, she lives in Plymouth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #6

Mags I will take any easter eggs you do not want dark chocolate though please.

Angie I love crackling and apple sauce, we are having turkey.

Aquatic, poor dog....but sounds enough to laugh at.

Oh PP thats terrible I did not know Ceri suffered from clinical depression. I think depression is a most terrible of things to suffer from and very very un-understood. If you had a broken leg or one arm people would be understanding but any sort of mental disability is often ignored (spoken of in hushed tones) or laughed at I find.

A good friend of mine her brother has schizophrenia the first symptoms they saw were when he was at university. He never finished and has been a troubled soul since then. He refuses his medication, and has been sectioned numerous times over the years. He is a danger to no one but himself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #7

Good afternoon and a Happy Easter to all. I feel terrible because I forgot about the 'no meat on Good Friday' rule which I was brought up with and had a roast dinner yesterday

Today is overcast but as yet there is no rain (despite promises of a deluge by the Met Office). I've been into town and had my nails done and bought some dresses for me and tops for Domi. OH has taken the boys down to Hayling Island to visit his Mum. He's just called to say she's really not well and he suspects there's more to it than what she's telling him - she didn't even go out to lunch with them. He's going to do a shop for her and then head back as he senses the boys are tiring her.

I, in the meantime will be sorting out our filing as I need to ditch lots of old paper work and move things around/organise them. I've been putting it off for ages as I needed a few hours of uniterrupted quite to do it in.

New Dr Who tonight . . . I'm reserving judgement until I see it but can't get warmed up about the new characters on face value.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #8

Happy Easter Saturday, all! Not the pretty day we were promised, heavy cloud deck and only 10 C (51 F) with a rather cool East wind; ah well, it was too nice to last. Did my usual library and gin runs this morning, don't think I'll do anything in the garden later; I did replant the three pots of seedlings that didn't germinate .. odd as I always have 100% germination .

Pork and applesauce sounds lovely, but not the crackling. don't like it. I'm having ham tomorrow. Yola, I forgot the no-meat bit yesterday also! Sorry about OHs mum. Aquatic I had to laugh about the dog too ...PP, hope your friends move goes OK. Kazz, what boat race, is it Henley?

Stay warm and dry, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #9

Afternoon Catsey

What an eventful day Dylan wise - he's been up to mischief pretty much all day (posted about it on another thread though)

Been shopping today for Sir Wowwalot's food and a few other bits (birthday present shopping as well, younger brother's birthday at the end of the month so I'll be spending a few days with them)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #10

Eileen, it's the Oxford vs Cambridge race on the Thames in London - I used to go to it regularly when I lived in London it had a great atmosphere.

Henley's end of June/early July; although only very few actually go to Henley to watch the boats . . .