Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #1

Mixed-up Maundy Thursday

Weather very strange, glorious blue sky this morning, then leaden skies followed by hailstone storms, thunder and now rain.

The lights are on in the house now as its so dark, such a miserable start to the w/e.

A bit of brightness in the gloom was last nights Hairspray, an excellent sparkling show, made youy want to tap your feet and singalong. If you get the chance to see it -go!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #2

Re: Mixed-up Maundy Thursday

I know it's terrible isn't it! We've had thunder, hailstones and now it's tipping it down. The lights are on at 3!
The dogs hiding under the bed from the thunder and the cat is asleep on the sofa.
I love Hairspray An amazing film. Love all the songs Haven't watched it in a while May watch it tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #3

Hi PP! Hi everyone. It's bright blue skies here, cold and windy but sunny and warm in the greenhouse, so I've been potting some more seeds this morning and just cleaning out my roottrainers ready for runner beans.

Kizzy and Pip have been in and out and I've felt like a door person at times - they even came in and out of the greenhouse several times. Pip has been chasing bumblebees and luckily has not yet caught one. I hear that fieldmice are already around so Kizzy will be very happy to see them back after a lean winter. (I won't be so glad to see them however as they are usually in several pieces - yuk!)

I do hope that everyone enjoys their Easter weekend and hope people will have a good rest if they want or party party party if they want to do that! Glad you enjoyed Hairspray PP - I enjoyed the film.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #4

Hi, all. Shaping up to be a spell of gorgeous unseasonably June-like weather here: 15 C (59 F) already at 11 am, blue skies, no wind. But further North they're having terrible flooding after the torrential rains, worst in 200 years, The weather this year on both sides of the Pond has been so bizarre, I suppose it is climate change ...??? No errands today so spent the morning in the garden planting bulbs (baby glads and babiana) and still bamboo whacking. All but 3 of my seedlings are up now. Leia is enjoying the milder weather and is happy to have the porch door open; I'm happy not having to play doorman!

I hope your weather improves, especially for our Scottish members ...all that snow!
Happy April Fool's day, don't get caught!

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #5

Re seed germination ............... I have agave and aloe vera sprouting!!!! The only seeds that haven't shown a sign yet from the first planting is ordinary common garden mint - would you believe it???? (sound like Victor Meldrew!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #6

Good Lord, mint is as tough as old boots and incredibly hardy and rampant I'd have expected it to be up first. My outside catnip survived the Winter and has been up for some time now, as Leia can testify.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #7

Well had the eye test today, the verdict is my eyes are healthy , she suggested i could do with some reading glasses, the prescription mentions +1.5 in each eye or something, don't realy understand but am probably just going to but some cheapies as i don't envisage using them much.
Out and about with the Pup now, can't believe how good she is on the lead.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #8

That's good news Shelley - said you must have good genes! Rare these days not to have to wear glasses, or seems like that to me.