Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #1

Wintery Wednesday

Well, 3 days into British Summer Time and I am so sorry for our Scottish members - looks like a complete turn round to the dreadful weather they had a very short while ago. We don't have any snow here on the South Coast, but it is only just over freezing and is windy and raining. We didn't get a frost last night because the wind was howling and it was generally unpleasant. I have great sympathy for all those who have no power because the power lines have come down. What a dreadful start to "Spring". Please don't forget to keep feeding your garden birds if you can. Take care and I do hope to see posts from our Northern friends today.

Quiz tonight - hopefully!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: ginger/white cross
31-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #2

Re: Wintery Wednesday

its a NIGHTMARE!! half a foot of snow fell in 1 day and its still snowing! the high winds have also created drifts about a metre deep... took me 40 mins to take my daughter to school which is normally a 3 min drive or a 15 min walk!!! had to take a massive detour as there was a jack-knived lorry, an ambulance and a bus all stuck at the bottom of our street... fun fun fun

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
31-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #3

Morning! The weathers cold but at least it isn't raining. The cat has been terrorising the dog .
Going out for a meal later with some friends So I'm going out to get some nice new clothes to wear soon Just have to dry my hair.
I was supposed to do the dusting today but I can't because I'm going to be out oops
Hope you all have a nice day today Xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
31-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #4

WOW what a great start to "Summertime"... cold winds and rain... feel like I have been transported back to November.... got my little heater on under my desk at work lol..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #5

Dreary, dull and damp here with some horrid rain at times. Isn't March supposed to go out like a lamb? There's some terrible weather about in Scotland and Northern Ireland I hear, thousands of homes without power and the tragic death of a young girl in a school coach crash because of treacherous road conditions. How very sad.

We've got one of the cats winding the dog up, so he got his own back by chewing up a mouse toy when they accidentally threw it downstairs during a wild game, they're worse than children!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #6

Sorry for everyone who has got the dreaded snow. It was snowing first thing this morning here but son gave way to rain and wind.
Very bad morning for me. Today was the first day we could take Malaika out walking and also the first day we were having to leave her in her crate for a decent amount of time.
Howard attempted to take her for a walk but she refused at the first fence due to the cold weather
We put her in the crate and set off for work seperately.
I'm part way there when i become unsure whether i've switched the straighteners off. I debate with myself as to what to do and decide to press on for work and ring Howard who was working localy to go back and check.
However i was unable to get him on his mobile or the collegue he was working with or my brother in law.
I decided that i would of switched them off on automatic pilot which it turned out i had done. It realy spoiled my morning at work though. Hopefuly the day will improve.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #7

Wow, what awful weather for some of you, March is certainly going out like a lion! Here it's sunny and mildish 11 C (51 F), but very gusty winds making it feel quite chilly. But a warm-up coming tomorrow and thru Easter Sunday. Off to the market this morning, no special plans for the day.

I hope your weather gets better quickly, and that all stay safe and warm, The quiz is tonight at 8 pm, see some of you there?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #8

Wintery Wednesday indeed. I could have cried when i woke this morning. Had to dig myself out of misery farm and have been cold and wet all day.
Just very pleased to be home in my own surroundings with my own animals, including our newest arrival.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #9

The day has got worse , nasty sleet flurries now and such a cold wind! Stayed indoors all day, just as well, but have to venture out later as going to see Hairspray at the Millenium Centre later. Will change my choice of clothing I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Wintery Wednesday indeed. I could have cried when i woke this morning. Had to dig myself out of misery farm and have been cold and wet all day.
Just very pleased to be home in my own surroundings with my own animals, including our newest arrival.
And would the newest arrival be feline ?