Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #1

Tipping down Tuesday

But its better than snow
Got lots to do today. Leavng Ceri to his own devices for an hour to visit my mate who is going through chemo for breast cancer. She's so positive and upbeat,she's amazing.
She was 50 one week later than me, so its my turn to deliver the card, wine and nice smellies from Next to her today.

Got an ipod for my birthday so finding out how to download etc. I'm a slow learner and not techno minded at all,but its not going to beat me

hope you have a good Tuesday. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Tipping down Tuesday

Hi PP! I got an iPod for Christmas . . . I've not even plugged it into the PC yet I'm sure you'll get the hang of it waay before I do!

It's intermittently wet here today. Off to Domi's play in about an hour so I'm trying desperately to get through lots of stuff prior to that. We have the bank auditor in so our finance chap is being run ragged and I'm working on a brief for our new designer to get our own rather disparate marketing materials in order.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #3

You've got an iPod PP? I have asked my OH for an MP3, but I can't decide on what sort ................. got to try and keep up with these things, and I do love my music. Whether I'd ever be able to download enough tracks though, well, I suppose in time. Do let me know how you get on with yours. I am glad your friend is upbeat - positive attitudes really help. My neighbour who had breast cancer couldn't have been more positive - she's still here and has since had both hips and one knee replaced and will have the other knee done quite soon. She is amazing.

Not raining here yet - but certainly threatening. Cold and overcast and windy. OH has gone off to play golf (mad b****r that he is!) but he has at least taken a thermos of hot coffee with him. Think he added a tot of rum too and will probably need it.

Well, I have at least dusted our bedroom. I've decided to do one room a day. But I'm moving on to the bathroom in a minute, because I don't count cleaning the bathroom as "dusting"!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Edited to say: Hope you enjoy Domi's play Yola. I bet he'll be a winner.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: ginger/white cross
30-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #4

its sleet here... weather cant make up its mind whether its gonna snow or not... very cold... very windy... VERY wet... half the roads up here are flooded already!! cant take my car out but its ok cos i have hubbys car today.. a lovely big 4x4.. ace for batterin through the massive puddles on the road mucho fun...

max loves the rain! that cat is a proper loony!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #5

Been raining here and is cold, but at least no snow.
Good luck with the ipods PP and Yola and angie with your mp3. I haven't moved that far into technology yet
Paid some bills and booked an eye test (what an exciting life i lead) Good news is the eye test is free, i recieved a voucher so i'm taking them up on it. Never had a test before so it will be interesting. There is a slight deterioration in my vision but i guess at 50 it's to be expected.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #6

Wow Shelley - never had an eye test before???? I am amazed - you must have very good genes! I was wearing glasses at age 7, so I've had eye tests every 2 years since then. I sometimes wait for those vouchers too!

Edited to say: It's raining cats and dogs here now!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
30-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #7

off to bed here soon...
another busy day here with "the kids"...
Had a physio appointment today... and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with our financial advisor coming to grips with what we have to do with David's parents assets... seeing they are both going into a nursing home...
On the subject of ipods... I LOVE MY IPOD!!!!!
i have an ipod classic and an iphone...and its wonderful...
i take mine with us when we travel... it has nearly our whole CD collection on there...plus photos... plus some talking books... its just fabulous!

if you need any help PP let me know and i will see what i can do to help... but its pretty easy... the apple website has lots of tutorials.. and if you have apple care for your ipod you can ring them for help any time and they will talk you through it..... their customer service is outstanding!

have a good day everyone!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
30-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #8

It is cold and windy here was drizzling earlier. Felix asleep on my bed and the dog asleep on the landing.
I have to do the hoovering soon. I hoovered it about 3 or 4 days ago and it is cream carpet and there is cats fur all over it. It's terrible. what's the best way to get cats fur off carpets? because it take me ages.
Hope you have a nice time at Domi's play Yola

Hope everybody has a nice day! Xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #9

Another cold and raining day to report... but think myself lucky that it isnt snow!!

Work is over for the day and just got in from getting the kids. Am currently painting the kitchen so done another layer.. Am trying to cover up a dark green colour with creasm so its taking a few coats of paint!! But getting there slowly but surely..

Doing dinner shortly, so just having a five minute break!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #10

It's supposed to be cold, drizzly and windy here; apparently Mother Nature didn't read the forecast, although it is windy, but the sun has finally appeared! Feels so good after all the rain and gloom. 5 C (41 F). Slept in, got the trash and recycling out and did some more bamboo whacking; I too lead an exciting life!

No eye exams? I too like Angie have worn glasses since 6, and go every year for an exam, especially since I had cataract surgery. Yola, hope you have a great time at the play. Sorry your weather is so foul, but at least it's not snow....

You iPod owners: do any of you have the docking thing where you can play the music without having to use earphones? I hate earphones, but have wondered how difficult it is to set up the thingy so you can use it as a CD player? Would appreciate an answer; have wanted to get one but only if I could do that. As you know, I am not techy!