Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #1

Saturday Daily

Greetings from chilly Washington; we got below freezing last night; the poor magnolias that were in full bloom got nipped; happens frequently. And there was ice on the bucket I use to catch the rainwater for the houseplants. Lots of sun now and has warmed up to 3 C (37 F) now, but the wind chill is -1!! Nothing special happening, just my usual library run.

Hope it's a good day, remember to change your clocks ahead an hour tonight! I'll be back to five hours behind again .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily

Afternon Eileen

I'm just back in from the CP Easter Fayre, which unfortunately wasn't very well attended Every little helps at the moment though. Cold and windy here today, so not doing much except sitting in a warm house lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #3

Good afternoon all!
Sunny spells here and I'm trying to get my washing & drying done today. Ceri tired and confused today, maybe because of all the cat comings and goings. Sadly Molly had to leave us but I know she's going to have a good forever home soon.

Off to make some tea now. bye. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
27-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #4

Hello!!
It has been sunny here today. Very nice and warm went for a walk earlier with the dog then got back to find Felix sunbathing on the patio on his side legs stretched out and arms stretched out (looked like a tea towel at first) I was going to get my new camera but when I went back out he was chasing the dog around the garden. It is so funny when they are running after each other in the house because of the laminate flooring the dog and cat always skid across it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #5

It's been a strange day weather wise; very warm and balmy with the sun out but as soon as it disappeared it's been bitterly cold with an almost icy wind.

We've been down to the allotment for much of the day. The greenhouse is almost complete - OH hopes to finish the glass tomorrow I've potted seeds for cauliflower, brussel sprouts, bell pepper, carrots, sunflowers, larkspur, tomatoes and aubergines. I've also used some old polystyrene sheets to insulate the shed windows to ensure pots don't get too cold.

Domi, Sebi and their nephew Jake went adventuring on a pile of old logs and unfortunately Domi cut his finger quite badly on a shard of glass. I've never seen him so terrified and upset. It wasn't too bad a cut though and has stopped bleeding which is good.

Off to bed now as the fresh air has tired me out . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #6

Hiya all......

Yola has he had a tentanus jab lately.....you never kow what will be on a shard of glass on an allotment site....could be rats around etc....may be worth checking it out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #7

Good advice from Kazz ..... poor lad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #8

Hi all - sorry for late check in!

Yes Yola - I'd be inclined to book a family tetanus jab now you are all allotmenteers. When we moved here and I went to book in at a new surgery, it was almost the first thing they asked - do you garden? They probably get a good fee for giving tetanus jabs.

We are desperately in need of a second shed, having lost the garage when we had the conversion done. I have nowhere to put all my pots or to keep the wild bird food (or chicken food .............), so we've been out with the tape measure trying to see where and what size we could fit in. Weather has been coldish and drizzly. Not a day for hanging washing out to dry.

MIL is getting progressively more confused. OH and I are getting near our wits' ends and need respite. One way or another, either we go out for the day and get a sitter in or she will have to go to a day centre. We'll have to see if we can start arranging something next week.

It's going to be a short night, so I'm off now. See you in BST tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #9

Sorry about the short post earlier....did not mean to be abrupt....just someone was on the phone.
Off to bed now