Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #1

Friday daily

Morning all

Off out with friends for a meal later this afternoon, weather not to bad overcast but dry at the moment.

Going to have a lok round the shops for some cheap cheerful nightshirts....for hospital. Maybe a pair of slippers too. See what I can find. And some pull on elastic waisted jogging bottoms that sort of thing....cheap and cheerful.

So have a good day all see you all later,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily

Careful with elastic waisted Karen, especially with abdominal surgery - some elastic can be quite strong and may be uncomfortable - consider drawstring instead.

I've had a docs appointment today - have a skin tag that's growing like mad and they're going to lop it off at the surgery's minor ops clinic on the 14th of April. No talk of sending it off for tests so I'm slightly less worried than I have been.

I'm thinking of Kim today as she's down here in Reading at the funeral of her godson. I hope that the day can give everyone touched by this sadness some kind of comfort . . .

What else? Well, Fifi's nearly at the end of her antibiotics and I think we're going to need to go back to the vet with her. Within a day fur had covered the wound and now it's become this raised bump again. I think there's something untoward there. Balie too is again causing me concern. He's had the runs and seems to be in a constant daze. OH and I did broach the subject we've both been skirting around last night . . . but it's not time yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

Hi all - hope you enjoy your lunch Kazz and get the shopping you want. My thoughts are with Kim today too - such a very hard day for all concerned. Hope Fifi will be OK Yola and very sorry to hear that you are concerned about Balie again. It may be time for that hard decision.

It's been a good morning here - tidied up the greenhouse with the help of OH and he took the power washer in to do the floor which is concrete. Looks much better. I've potted up my little lavender plugs and am ready for more sowing and potting on in April. I can actually move around the greenhouse and have my water butt ready and my little kneeler stool to sit on when my back's had enough. I cannot sit to pot up or sow seeds, doesn't seem natural.

The weather forecast is really rough for the weekend, so I hope that everyone stays safe and dry and has the best time they possibly can.

Cuddles to all Catsey felines today - as a special treat. I am glad to see that George is doing well after his op.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #4

Hi, all. Rainy, raw and windy here today, only 4 degrees (40 F ); a shock to the system after the prematurely warm spell. A good day to stay inside and potter around. My bulbs came yesterday, got some of them planted outside; good timing as the rain will cover the scent of newly disturbed soil which lets the tree rats know that something has been buried! Hee hee, hope they are foiled Also potted up the Jacobean and Amazon lilies; no more seedlings up yet. That's all the news!

Kazz, I agree with Yola about the elastic waistbands. And Yola, so sorry your two aren't doing well. Angie, I must be weird as I sit on the floor with newspapers spread around to catch any spilled potting soil when I'm doing seeds in pots. Hope your back is OK. Thoughts with Kim today here too.

Stay warm and dry, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #5

The two cat household isn't harmonious by any means , oh dear Truce for now tho as both asleep in diff rooms.
The girl who went abroad thinks her mother may want to have Molly after all. She lives in Bristol, but will be in my neck of the woods this w/e. Decisions to be made.
Yola sorry that your fluffy ones are poorly, I know how heartwrenching it will be to part with Balie.
Foxy weather here today, sunny spells then pouring down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #6

Has Molly eaten and used the tray yet, PP? It's early days .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #7

She's eaten a bit of meat in jelly which my grandson passed to her on the top of the kitchen unit. No water taken yet or used the tray. She's very quiet up there. Hope she's ok. Spoken gently to her and smoothed her but she's very nervous.