Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
23-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #1

Which Chinese Animal Are You?

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/calculator.php
This one's me (apparently)

Occupying the 6th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Snake symbolizes such character traits as intelligence, gracefulness and materialism. When it comes to decision-making, Snakes are extremely analytical and as a result, they don’t jump into situations. They are effective at getting the things they want, even if it means they have to scheme and plot along the way.

Snakes are very materialistic creatures, preferring to surround themselves with the finest that life has to offer. This is especially evident in the home, where luxurious furnishings and surroundings help Snakes seek the peace they need in order to thrive.
Health

Snakes prefer living a life of calmness, preferring quietness over noise and a manageable workload rather than a schedule that’s overly-booked. Snakes become easily stressed when their lives aren’t peaceful or in order. Too much of this way of life can shorten a snake’s life!
Career

Snakes do work very hard, but they have a tendency to be job-hoppers as they become easily bored. Their somewhat laid-back attitude causes them to be mistakenly categorized as slackers, but nothing could be further from the truth! Snakes are very creative and extremely diligent. They’re excellent problem-solvers and thrive under tight deadlines. Good career choices for Snakes include: scientist, analyst, investigator, painter, potter, jeweler, astrologer, magician, dietician, and sociologist.
Relationships

Snakes are excellent seducers so they never have trouble attracting others. However, they’ll be the ones to decide when a relationship has potential and when it does not. Once they’ve chosen a partner, a Snake’s insecure side will begin to show through. Snakes guards their chosen partners much like a prized possessions, becoming jealous and even obsessive. Snakes prefer to keep their feelings to themselves. It’s important to never betray a Snake’s trust as a betrayed snake will make it a goal to get even some day!

Earth Snakes – Years 1929 and 1989

Earth Snakes always seem to be calm and content. They’re friendly and approachable and believe that they’ll reap great rewards by working hard and relying on common sense.
Compatibility

The Snake is compatible with a Rooster and an Ox and incompatible with a Pig and a Monkey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #2

Re: Which Chinese Animal Are You?

I'm a Horse, another Earth sign like Taurus, but the description doesn't really fit me at all. I have quite a few of your Snake traits, however.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #3

Well I'm a Dragon ............. but reading down my birth year indicates I'm a Water Dragon, which is much more likely! (All steam and very little fire!!!!)

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: ginger/white cross
24-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #4

water ox for me
Water Ox – Years 1913 and 1973

Water Oxen are much more flexible, and because of this quality, they’re better able to understand what others are thinking and feeling. They’re sincere, patient, quick-thinking and others enjoy being around them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
24-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #5

I am a goat. I also have aries as by birth sign a ram (Its my birthday again on Thursday)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #6

I'm a rat which is better than it sounds apparently occupying the first position! I'm an earth rat and found my profile rather flattering, it had MrH hooting with laughter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #7

I'm a snake too. The creativity, love of luxury and love of order are me 100%. I've checked OH and the boys and the only one that rings true is Sebi . . . this line sums him up perfectly: Dogs at times can also be temperamental, narrow-minded and stubborn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
24-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #8

I am the year of the dog Describes me quite well...
Thanks for sharing that website RCR - something new to post!

Dog symbolizes character traits such as loyalty, compatibility and kindness. Dogs frequently offer kind words and useful advice, always listening and lending a shoulder when necessary. Ensuring others are happy is more important to the Dog than wealth, money or success.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #9

Ah HK - I'm glad you embody the positive aspects of The Dog. I hope as my little one grows he will adopt more of these rather than the stubborn nature he currently displays most of the time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #10

What's his other sign, Yola? Not Taurus, I hope, we Taureans are known for stubbornness!