Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
20-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #1

Memorial Locket?

I hope i am putting this thread in the right section as im not sure where is appropriate.

Some of you will know that we lost our Raven on monday I have been talking alot about him and my feelings in my other thread so i will leave that out of this one

I basically would love to get a special locket, one that could hold a photo of Raven on one side, and a little bit of his fur on the other. Id love to get it plain so i could have it engraved, but would settle for another type if this wasnt possible. I know many of you will have lost your babies here or even just wanted to keep your kitties close to you, so thought some of you may have something similiar to what im after or maybe know where i could get something like this?

I have searched online and found somewhere in Australia that does a few lovely ones, but obviously would be worried about ordering from somewhere so far away and having to send his fur there to be put in it(as they water proof it) incase it got lost. I also looked at a plain white gold heart locket in argos, but because it is just a normal locket im not sure if it would hold his fur very well.

I just need to keep a little piece of him close to me wherever i go. The only thing getting us through this is our boys and knowing that he is still here with us and living on in them but a locket would be a nice little tribute to my Soul Mate and offer me a little comfort.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #2

Re: Memorial Locket?

That is a lovely thought JB......

There is a plain locket on Amazon......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=hotukdeals-21

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #3

What a lovely idea.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #4

I like that idea too; have no idea where to get one of the type you need, Will do a Google later.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #5

nice thought JB... I lost my Tinky Winky just over a year ago... i had him cremated... and carry some of his ashes and a little of his fur in a screw top key chain designed specifically for pets ashes..its goes with me everywhere <3

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
20-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #6

That is really nice idea.
When Lily died I kept her collar which still has her fur on there. It makes me laugh thinking of the struggle we went through just to get that collar on her but after all that hassle she loved it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
20-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #7

I lost Tabitha 2 weeks ago and I have just brought a plain silver locket from argos £34.99. It's quite big and plain silver. I'm going to put a picture one side and some fur on the other side. Mine is in the jewellers at the moment, as its plain I am getting her name and a few words engraved on it.

Catsey Junior

20-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #8

cont.... might be the one you have already seen in argos though. I have got some stiff plastic and need to fix that across the fur somehow

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
20-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabsie
I lost Tabitha 2 weeks ago and I have just brought a plain silver locket from argos £34.99. It's quite big and plain silver. I'm going to put a picture one side and some fur on the other side. Mine is in the jewellers at the moment, as its plain I am getting her name and a few words engraved on it.
Im so sorry for your loss Its the worst pain i have ever felt and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

You will have to let me know how you manage with getting the fur into a normal locket. the one i saw in argos was white gold rather then silver-i love silver jewellry but the reason i was looking at the white gold is because i didnt want to risk getting a silver one and for it to go off colour(i have lots of silver jewellry, have always preferred it to gold but have found this to be a problem sometimes). I never wear any jewellry anyway except for my engagement ring so i want to make sure its something extra special as i will never be taking it off.

I hope it comes back from the jewellers perfect with your inscription, this is something im really hoping to do too. I would like to have his name and maybe a little paw print or something.

Thankyou for all the other replies too and so sorry to all that have lost a loved furry family member Im glad you all liked the idea, as i said i just needed to find a way to keep him close to my heart at all times. i plan on getting a long chain for whatever i decide on so that it is always resting on my heart where it should be and where Raven always will be.

If anyone has any suggestions id appreciate them, and i shall let you all know when i have made my decision. My OH's mom actually rang from a jewellers today after my partner mentioning my idea to her last night and she was going to get me one to cheer me up bless her, but i explained that i just need to look around until i find the perfect one.

Just wish this wasnt the reason i was doing it

Catsey Junior

20-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #10

I'm so sorry for your loss also, I know what you mean about the worst pain, I feel the same. Tabitha was also my soul mate. I will let you know how I get on with putting the fur into the locket, I will probably post a picture. I also want to wear the locket all the time, so I feel that Tabitha is always with me, so I understand that you want it to be the right one for you x