Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Thursday's Thread

Morning! I'm at home today as Sebi had another bad night, has a sore throat and is complaining of joint aches and pains. He currently is glued to Indiana Jones and whilst not overly ill right now, is a little subdued.

My lunch date is not a total wash out as Linda is going to pop over for coffee and biccies here instead of a lunch out, so we can have a catch up after all!

The weather's sunny at the moment if I look south, but looking north there are some ominous black clouds. I hope the weather holds!!

I have a heap of work things to keep on top of so shall be popping on here during the course of the morning as I'll be on the PC.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: Thursday's Thread

Morning Yola....Sorry the wee man is not too good.....
The sun has just come out here, looks like it going to be another lovely day..Off to get tree's later, think I will get flowering cherrys, I love the blossom ...and some kind of trellis work for my garden arch...
Thats about it for plans at the moment....
Have a great day everyone....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #3

Morning all! Sorry Sebi's not feeling on top form this morning Yola - glad you'll be having your friend over for coffee though.

Dare I say it, the weather which was forecast to be wet today is if not exactly sunny at least balmy! I have windows and doors open and Kizzy and Pip are in and out.

No seeds up yet though! I look forward to hearing about your trees Moli - I love cherry blossom too. Hope you can get what you want. You'll have to take photos you know!

Does anyone know if Kazz has been admitted?

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #4

Kazz was online just before 10pm last night; but that might well have been from the hospital!

I hope whether she's at home or in the hozzie all is well . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #5

Morning! Sorry your little man's not up to scratch today Yola, hope he's brighter later.

I love flowering cherries! We used to have a real beauty by the drive then we planted a weeping one in the centre of the front garden, but canker is a big problem in the area and it wasn't long before we started getting big oozing patches and the branches dying off, so they had to go. Bit by bit all our neighbours have also lost cherries and related trees from the same problem. We still have a fastigiate one by the patio, fingers crossed it'll last a bit longer.

Had a terrible night with my joints last night, every time I turned over I woke up with discomfort. Not too bad now but my left knee is still very sore and my ring finger on my right hand has an enormous swollen knuckle, that's going to make dog grooming a bit difficult!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #6

Morning all.

Sorry the Sebi is not well Yola...but a day at home will be good, and coffee and cake with a friend at lunch sounds lovely.

The tree's sound lovely Moli...I like the blossom too. We will need pictures pre and post planting you know I had a cherry but canker got it....Good luck.

Angie I have not been admitted had the liver scan on Tuesday and I have to say it was going well no problem, as she was looking at upper stomach (liver) then she moved to the right side above my hip and said "you may need another CT as your fibroids are multiple and I can't get round them" (or something like that) then she moved the nodule/scan thing about to just above my hip and I hit the roof the pain was intense...(there's me thinking I was fine ha)I threw up and went white as a sheet....the pain was the same as before when admitted...I am working on the fact thats either moving something (fibroid) that moves something that touches the ovary with cyst or I am a wimp....but Woah it hurt...the lady was not pressing hard or anything and we had been over already once. So spent the last couple of days feeling dreadful feeling okay again now but nagging ache....remains.

The lady felt terrible I had to reassure her I was okay.....but I was white as a sheet and don't think she believed me. But I was okay just ...not.

Mrs H Sorry you are abt under the weather to we should share a bar of chocolate or something.... how do you groom the dog....when my wrist was broken I found a grooming glove was good, but Staffs are shorter haired than yours.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #7

Lord Kazz, that sounds bad - we all know you're not a wimp. Any news on operation date yet???? Take care - you know we're all sending healing vibes - same as for cats, but a bit bigger!

Sorry your joints are painful MrsH. I know you take prescribed stuff for them, but have you tried Celadrin cream? I mentioned this to Eileen and she has used it to good effect. Could you get MrH to groom the dog?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #8

Angie I am on the list waiting cancellations....so while not hoping that people get sick...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Could you get MrH to groom the dog?

No chance! don't think Morgan would be impressed! MrH being bald hasn't wielded a comb in years! Morgan is very tolerant and as he gets groomed every day it probably wouldn't matter if I missed a day. He has a full coat, just not quite as long as a show coat and tangles easily. I mainly use combs and a slicker brush, every now and then I use a comb with a rubber band wound through the teeth to draw out loose hair and I handstrip his head (that's the bit that really makes the fingers ache!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #10

Oh my word Kazz, if you say it was painful with your high pain tolerance it must have been really dreadful, so sorry! I do hope you'll be admitted ASAP. MrsH, not good about the arthritis. I did find the Celadin cream helpful when I had a recent flareup with mine; you might want to give it a try. Yola, hope Sebi improves today, and glad you salvaged the lunch. Angie, aren't we impatient waiting for the seeds to germinate; mine just planted yesterday

I'll be checking the little pots daily waiting for that first little green shoot!

Nicest day in 4 months here according to the weatherman; will make 70 F by afternoon, 12 C now (54 F) and not a cloud in the sky. I may have the porch door open later and not have to play doorman to herself!

Keep well, all....