Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

Friday's Thread

Well - it's that lovely day of the week again. Sebi has gone to a farm lambing visit with the school so I'll be picking him up on 1/2 an hour so I've had the morning to myself. I decided to give Balie a shower as he stank to high heaven. He was such a little gent; obviously he didn't like it and was trying to get out but he was so gentle about it and didn't really fight or scratch (not that he ever does).

He still hums a bit though

The sun is trying to poke its head out from behind the clouds but it's still very cold out. I was going to do some front garden tidying but not sure if I will now. Might stroll into town with Sebi instead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: Friday's Thread

Hi Yola,
just back from work, grabbing something to eat whilst Pup asleep in crate. Tom and Jerry fast asleep on our bed.
Hope Sebi enjoys his farm visit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #3

Afternoon Yola and Shelley! I hope Sebi enjoys his lambing visit and that that pup gives you enough time to enjoy your lunch Shelley!

I am back safely from my hospital visit - all went well. I didn't see Mr Jolly but a nice Dr. Kline who was much easier to talk with than the previous doctor. I asked her advice about what to do next and she said that she had used the Mirena IUS on many women in my position to good effect. She also said that if it hasn't worked within 6 months she will do my hysterectomy herself. Well, I suspect that's a bit of bull, but I found it reassuring, so I've had the hysteroscopy and biopsy and the Mirena fitted all in one go. Don't feel too bad - a bit crampy, which is to be expected and I shall probably go and have a bit of a lie down in a while.

That's enough excitement for one day.

It's definitely warmer here - scattered showers. Some daffodils out - I am really looking forward to sowing my seeds next week.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #4

Glad your appointment went well angie, hope the Mirena works for you. Take it easy this afternoon.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
12-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #5

hey all... been a busy day here today... George to the vet for his annual blood test and vaccination... they are pleased with him and he has lost a whole 70 grams since his last weigh in at the end of December... he just has a slow metabolism as i am VERY strict with his food... in any case the type of food he is on is very low GI and high in protein so he is at far less risk of developing diabetes ... so that is a good thing

david and i have been with my brother and his wife and my cousin for our collective birthdays... David was the odd man out as his is in September...Sis in law jan 29, cousin feb 5 me feb 8 and brother feb 23 so we go out each year for a combined dinner... but its usually always in feb.. but was a bit late this year because of Cousins shooting schedule with her work and a few medical problems with my uncle...

So at present i am full of mexican food...to the point where i feel like im going to burst... PLUS ive had 1 or 4 glasses of red... so im not feeling any pain

is going to be a nice weekend here weather wise... hopefully you all have a good day... glad your docs appointment went well Angie.. and hope Sebi brings you home a leg of lamb from the farm visit Yola
good to see you shelly... hope your pup is not wearing you down too much...
off to bed now... cuse the keys are jumping around on the keyboard

smiling at you all from across the pond

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #6

Jo, it sounds like you had a great birthday celebration. Now go and sleep that gallon of wine off

It's absolutely pouring with rain here now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #7

After three lovely sunny mild days retribution is at hand: three days of chilly rain. It's only 9 degrees now (48 F) with on and off rain. Made it to the market between showers, fortunately, although the buses are running in packs again: two at once as I was waiting on the other side of the street waiting for the light to change. Such an exciting life!

Angie, glad the appointment went well, take it easy this afternoon, Jo, sounds like fun was had. Wonder if Kazz made it to Crufts, no daily from her today. Shelley. did you manage to get lunch? Yola, hope Domi enjoyed the lambing and glad Bailie is sweet-smelling again!

Keep well, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #8

Well afternoon all have not been to Crufts a little distracted. Its raining heavy too here Yola....

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #9

Yes thanks Eileen, i managed to eat in peace. Lots of play sessions with Malaika today, we have to tire her somehow.
She's now fast asleep on my knee, a warm little bundle of Puppy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #10

I am back after a nice sleep and a good cuppa. Feel more like myself now. Now why was I so worried? Didn't even have a local.

We've had heavy showers here too this afternoon, so OH tells me - I was fast asleep with Kizzy and Pip!