Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Wednesday's Thread

Morning all - seems the forum is heavy with sad news this morning. My condolences to all who are experiencing such sadness in their lives.

I am also thinking about Kazz and hoping that she is feeling as upbeat this morning as she was yesterday evening. Keep paddling your canoe Kazz.

A bright day here with a very chilly north-east wind. Daffodils are trying - we have a few buds but nothing open as yet. OH said that he heard on the news that the traditional Mother's Day bunch of daffodils is in doubt this year. I think that proves how far behind we are this year.

I forgot to post yesterday that Pip and Kizzy were entranced by an enormous Queen Bumblebee - I thought one or other would jump and bat at her, but they didn't - they just followed her about and sat and stared at her when she came to rest on a sunny bit of wall. Poor things, there isn't even any willow pollen for them yet. I wonder if a sugar solution would be suitable. Anyone know????

OH has gone to the dentist for a hygienist check and MIL has her hairdresser calling this afternoon. Otherwise everything is normal today.

Have a good day folks.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
10-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Wednesday's Thread

i've had a busy one here..... have been helping out at Blue Ribbon all day (a police charity here that i volunteer for on a regular basis) have been on my feet all day so enjoying my time having a decent cup of tea and checking my mail..
Like Angie said about all the the sad news on our little forum today... know that we are all thinking about those people and their fur babies...

Im off to bed to snuggle up with my OH and HRH... another good (cool) night for sleeping here

take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #3

Nothing much happening here. Morgan's being a bit of a naughty boy at the moment, not walking at all well on the lead for some reason and our walks in the woods are full of hazards.

Our local woods are owned by MOD and, like today for example, there are occasionally soldiers on manoeuvres. They always install a couple of chemical loos for the occasion and this morning someone had pushed them over!!

People whose gardens back onto the woods sometimes throw their kitchen waste over the fence and today Morgy Chops went AWOL for a while and came back smelling of stew!!!

And.........I've heard today that the first ticks have been found on a friend's dog!

Have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #4

Hi. Still mild, 11 degrees (52 F), and the predicted rain isn't here, even a little watery sunshine. Up to the Giant for Leia's favorites and stuff for me, forgot scallions so am going to see what overwintered in the garden ... saw a few green tops after the snow melted finally! Sore arm not as sore today!

It was a day of sad news Tuesday; thinking of those who've lost loved ones. It's so hard.

Angie, do you think there may be some tree pollen; they have started the allergy report here on the TV news. Glad your duo wisely left the bee alone. Eeek, ticks, hate 'em. Sleep well, Jo, you had a busy day./

Quiz tonight 1t 8 pm. Keep well, all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #5

At the moment I'm in a very happy mood The sun is out but it's still cold

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #6

Hello all.

Not done a lot today, yes still happy....waiting to get a date....and considering going to Crufts Friday.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #7

Lovely sunny day here, relieved because i got my dental appointment over with yesterday, as did my youngest son.
My thoughts are with the people with sad news on the forum.
Hoping to make the quiz tonight but may be distracted by a mischievious pup.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #8

We interred my Aunt's ashes at the Polish church in Shepherd's Bush today. It was a bit of a 'down' day overall, especially that I had Sebi in with me all night as he threw up all over his bed last night. I think the stress of the new school visit got to him, poor lamb. It meant I didn't get enough sleep and have been feeling a bit 'wobbly' all day.

To add to the not very nice aspect of today, there were 2 more feline road casualties that I came across; once black lovely was being dragged off the A4 (busy road) by an obviously upset caring resident (don't think it was the owner though) and the other, small tabby cat was almost outside Uri Geller's house on a grass bank in a small village on the way back from London.

I shed a bit of a tear for each

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #9

How sad, Yola. RIP, little pusses.....