Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #1

Snowy Sunday

After a reasonable thaw yesterday it has frozen overnight and it is now snowing aain - bah

OH is off with a friend and a massive tractor to try and get to our ladies on the top hill who we've not been able to get to or feed for 5 days now. They do have the woodland to shelter in and there will be some heather pickings for them but we always check our animals daily and he's getting a bit anxious about them.

I'm going to clear out the hall cupboard - you know these ones that hold loads so you put loads in!!!!

Hope those of you in the south of the UK are not having to deal with the dreadful weather that was predicted.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2

Re: Snowy Sunday

Even more snow CM? I do feel sorry for you. Hope your OH and friend manage to get to those sheep.

We have been lucky where we live - we've had rain, but the forecast storm did not hit us .... not sure where it went atm, but not here. I was dreading being woken in the wee small hours by gales and lashing rain. OH has gone off to the driving range this morning for golf practice.

If my braising steak defrosts in time, we will be having a casserole tonight. Hope everyone else has a good day.

Extra cuddles for feline folk today, with gentle chin tickles and perhaps tummy rubs for those that like.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #3

Morning both.

Weather is wet but okay here, feel alright today itching to get into the garden surprising how my brain wakes up when the days get a bit brighter.

CM I hope your OH gets to his sheep okay. And be careful cleaning your TARDIS cupboard out, can't have you jetting off with Dr Who.... ....although it may make getting to the sheep easier.

Angie have a good day the casserole sounds nice mine with be pork chops with roat Sunday dinner...including parsnips..yummy.

Everyone have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #4

Morning all, well the stormy weather certainly hit Kent last night/this morning.. just back from doing the weekly food shop.. that was not fun in the winds and rain!!

Usual day of tidying the house after a busy week and washing and ironing etc... Kids bedrooms have just had a quick tidy round before they get to "nightmare state" again.. Emma's art coursework was found so hugh sigh of relief from everyone..

Hope the sheep get fed, the cupboards tidied and steak defrosted lol.... and Kazz leave the gardening for another day!!

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #5

Not going out there today Donna....too wet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #6

Puppy asleep, Cats asleep, all is calm !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #7

OH has returned - frozen solid, soaked to the skin with a big smile on his face. All well, our girls were very pleased to see him and he's left one of these huge round bales of hay out for them.

He's now lying in a hot bath with a mug of tomato soup - don't expect to see him for a couple of hours!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #8

Some awful weather out there for some of you! C'mon, it's the end of February! I want daffodils and blue sky and sun!!! The dog's having to be persuaded really hard to go out and pee when it's raining!

The good news today is we've got a pair of nuthatches at the bird feeders, only ever had them singly before now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #9

Hi, all. Not snowing here (that's scheduled for Wednesday, alas!), but cloudy and continuing below normal: 3. (36 F). No market so did some needed chores, dusting, hoovering, etc., just planning a usual quiet afternoon with the papers and crossword ... and here, of course. When oh when will it warm up?

CM, you folks in Scotland have had a dreadful Winter; so glad the sheep and OH are OK! Everyones meal plans sound good; I'll be having that cabbage, bacon and mushroom stir fry MrsH, how lucky, I haven't seen a nuthatch all Winter!

Enjoy the day, Monday cometh!

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #10

Make sure you stock up before the weather hits again Eileen...as I get a feelng it will be another stuck in house time...don't ask me why....