Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #1

Another chapter soon begins..

Well Sean has decided that he wants to go to University... he is sorting out applying now (he has left it a bit late, but that is normal for Sean ).

Apparently he had a heart to heart with one of the teachers on the skiing trip when they were out there, and the teacher was horrified Sean wasnt thinking of going. He has now made it his mission to help Sean get into Uni. Until this time, the teacher at the school responsible for this has basically not had any time for Sean and told him he want good enough for Uni . Not happy at all about that.

Anyway he is wanting to study Business/IT and it may include moving away on his own

So soon begins another chapter in his life, and mine too.... I know its a good thing and I should be proud of him.. and I am.... but oh, how am I going to manage with him gone ?

He has also added into the good things about going is that he wont have to go round his dad's house every week as he absolutely hates it.. but even at the age of 18 (almost) he still feels like he has to go, otherwise he would get so much hassle from his dad....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #2

Re: Another chapter soon begins..

Good luck to your Sean with getting a place, and well done to that teacher for having a talk with him. Some teachers, as we all know, are excellent and some shouldn't really be teachers.

You should feel proud Donna that you have brought your children up to be forward thinking young adults with ambitions of their own.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
26-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

You will cope Donna, my son went to Cardiff uni for 3 years and he loved it. He is now doing his masters in Australia and although I feel a bit of an emotional wreck as he only left on Tuesday, it is a fantastic opportunity for him. I would definitely encourage uni as many young people have degrees nowadays and it is almost a necessity to get up the career ladder now. With mobiles, internet, skype, etc, the world is a smaller place.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #4

((hugs)) Donna, it's never easy to let go, he'll always be your baby xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #5

Thats brilliant news....shame about havibg to pay for his results again.......I am sure he will find a uni course that suits him.
Best of luck to him I say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #6

Good for him, it will be a huge wrench for bothof you but he will, I'm sure, benefit from it.

Looks like there has been a lot going on in his mind so a move away, for hime, will probably be quite positive.

Buy him a cheap laptop and a web cam and you can see each other whenever you speak. - and don't forget MSM. That's how my friend coped when her dau went from Fife to Lincoln Uni.

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thats brilliant news....shame about havibg to pay for his results again

I have found his certificates He didnt even know he had collected them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I have found his certificates He didnt even know he had collected them
You need to start wrapping his sarnies in A-Z paper..so he can find his way home and start writing his name in his underwear....again.

And photocopy everything............

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum

Buy him a cheap laptop and a web cam and you can see each other whenever you speak. - and don't forget MSM. That's how my friend coped when her dau went from Fife to Lincoln Uni.
Sean has a pc at home but I might get a laptop for him... not that he will contact me... he doesnt go on MSN, or Face book, or even check emails..... he is not the best at keeping in contact.. never even get a reply with a text most of the time

Hmmm I will make him promise me ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #10

Donna, when it comes to it - even if it's to ask for money - if he moves away from home he will be in touch

I phoned my folks every weekend (reverse charges from a phone box; no mobiles in the mid-80s) and 9 times out of 10 it was to cadge more cash

I do think though, he will miss his Mum if he moves away and he will call/text/email.

It's great news that he's found the self-confidence in his abilities to consider university. Only a couple of years ago you were so worried about how he'd turn out and now he's growing up and taking control of his own future. Well done Sean!