Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #1

New Years eve daily

Morning all, it's New Years eve! We've decided to stay home on our own this year, first year we've not a had a party for as long as I can remember.

Off to the library soon and to the supermarket to do a small food shop.

Then washing & some housework to do later as well as a few cat calls. (not officially back from our CP break yet, but the calls are stacking up about little cats) so I might as well do some calls whilst I have some spare time.

that's about all from me for today I think. No snow here at all this time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #2

Re: New Years eve daily

We're having a quiet one tonight too, Kelly. For the first time ever it will be just us two,and Posh Mam and Dad are staying at home coz mam can't drive yet after her TIA on Boxing Day, and Dad doesn't drive at night because of his eyesight. Will prob. see the Big Ben/fireworks etc. then off to bed. Don't really feel like drinking anyway.

Cold and windy here today. Just taken Posh for a short walk around the patio on her lead, and fed her some grass.
She's been mewing a lot and I'm sure she's missing Bron.
It's so quiet and 'clean' here, no dog hair to pick up, no backyard poo duty, no watching in case I step on her after going into the fridge ( she had the stealth of a Ninja when it came to the promise of food)

Missing her (Bronnie) so much. It's early days yet but will give serious thought in 2010 for another companion for Posh, not a dog though. I may contact Persian rescue; just a thought for now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #3

Hi Smudgley, PP! Happy New Year's Eve to everyone.

We're going to be quiet here too this evening. Not sure if MIL will want to see in the New Year - we'll play that one by ear later on. We've had to reduce her anti-psychotic dose after she saw her GP on Tuesday as a follow up from us not being able to wake her on Christmas Eve and her anxiety levels are already rising and with hers, ours too. I think it won't be long before we have to look at whether we can go on caring for her - still, a decision to look at next year now.

Jools Holland is usually a jolly sort of show - we may opt for watching that. I'll remember my dear Merlin along with Chancer and Mollie, Bron and Beauty especially when I raise my glass.

Keep warm and safe whatever you are going to do this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #4

Well afternoon all. Happy New Year to you all too.

Smudgley have a good day, I keep telling you I have ironing here you can do if you are quiet/bored.
P.P. Sorry you are little sad but the thought of a persian or rescue will brighten your 2010.
Angie. Maybe you and your hubby should start taking your MIL tablets and let her be.....see how that pans out have a good new years eve.

Anyhow not been to work today although like Smudgley done some off the cuff CP neutering call backs..they are mounting up so hey.
Been looking for a computer today and found I enjoy the looking more than the parting with money as I am still looking. They had run out of the one EmmaG's OH brought at my local two PC Worlds. But intend to get one. But starting to turn towards maybe a good quality laptop...I am easily distracted from cause at hand.

All the decortaions are down now and looking forward to 2010......but at work at 6 in the morning so good job I don't drink anyhow.

See you all later. Karen

not at work today in the offical role

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #5

Hi all, Happy New Year! A good thing I decided to stay in today, as the sleet and freezing rain came as promised; 0 (31 F) and my steps are an icy mess. I was at the door debating whether to risk getting down them and rescue the paper when my neighbor came by and tossed it up to me! It's stopped now and supposed to be above freezing later so there should be no problem with my grocery delivery this afternoon . I hope!

I'm feeling a bit down today; finally heard from my old friend that I've been trying to reach for days, not replying to messages on his machine and I was getting very worried, Well, he has been diagnosed with early stage Alzheimers. And only 67! Life is not fair, sometimes.

Other than that, all's well here; hope it's a better year for everyone; I too will be thinking of our departed ones tonight and raise a glass in their memory.

Take care, all! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #6

Just back from taking the boys to the Imperial War Museum which I thoroughly enjoyed despite fully expecting not to! I think we would have stayed up in town for new year (with the boys) but OH was feeling so unwell (has a UTI - strange in men) but is doing the usual trick of not wanting to go to the docs

He's gone to bed now so unless one of the boys is going to stay up with me I'll be seeing in the new year on my own with a litre of wine and Jools Holland. To be honest I think I'd prefer to be on my own with my thoughts and a bit of quiet reflection as I can feel a bit of a teary time brewing.