Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #1

Christmas Eve thread

Merry Christmas everyone - it's almost here. I can hear those jingle bells already.

I have decorated my cake this morning, OH has done some vacuuming, we've had our first Christmas sherry and I have some wrapping to do now.

Will pop in later. I do hope everyone has a lovely safe, warm, cheery Christmas. God Bless Everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: Christmas Eve thread

Well I am popping in the midst of Christmas eve fever.....forgive my rambling which start now.....but should may give some a laugh and see what I have to cope with.............................................. ........................I forgot to get a few things so braved the world of which it was not bad at all...popped into Sainsbury's and not a turkey in sight at 9am......SHOCK HORROR...last year they were selling them off.....went to the butchers to collect the turkey and stood in the queue...the butcher was giving out glasses sherry/port/whiskey/lemonade adn mince pies because of the queues....but lovely atmosphere normally I miss that as am there at just after 6 but this year a bit later a panic over ear rings for my sister. So frantic phone calls from nieces and off I went to the rescue (iie money and transport) they had saved and wanted certain earrings but got to the jewellers and saw a pair they adored both of them....hence I was summonded (like a Genie out of a lamp)............................................. ................. Think I have got everythig every one would like (even if they don't realise it yet )........................................Mom and Dad still at the hotel...having a smashing time by all accounts, and whats worse my Dad was playing the piano in the foyer last night and people singing carols....Lord help me...he'll want a baby grand next. Whats worse is he can't really play the piano but has "perfect pitch and a perfect ear" play him anything and he can play it back note for note. Sophie has got it too for singing, not sure about instruments though...must check. So Mom said following the show last night, Carols for all he was in the mood. So he was still playing at about 1am according to Mom. So we will have to call him Cliff over Christmas (remember Wimbledon in the rain)...............Anyhow been out come home gone out, vacumed the stairs landing and living room. Cleaned inside windows in dining and living room and changed nets, then decided to put the other curtains up so did that too. Cleaned living room top to bottom, walked and brushed dog. made some mince pies (run out too many people coming and eating them this week)............................................. .......................Cooked some "nibbles" for later all those party food things you see in supermarkets but made some sausage rolls.....Off out again in a moment to dropa couple of presents off. Then back and nothing to do apart from tonights dinner and then collect Mom and Dad........................................Your cake sounds good Angie and every one have a safe day............................................... ...... Happy Chritmas to all of you may see you later. Maybe not depends on how my wrapping duties continue.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #3

Phew Kazz.,.......I need to lie down after reading your post! where do you get your energy from!

Pleased to hear you are up to scratch with everything, Angie

Have a lovely Christmas everyone, make sure you don't overindulge too much with the food and drink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #4

Well, most people don't dream of a wet Christmas, but that's apparently what we'll be getting: ice early then all day rain. No complaints from me, not planning to go anywhere, and it should melt a lot of the snow cover still hanging tough! Snow banks still waist high on my trip to the market for Leia's favorite food. Bright sunshine but still way below normal, -1 (30F). There's a huge storm in he Midwest so those folks will have a very white Christmas.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all, may it be a day full of happiness and joy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #5

I think I've put too much sherry in the trifle but I don't think anyone will notice I've got meringues drying out in the oven and then I'll sandwich them together tomorrow with cream mixed with some chestnut puree. Just the silver to clean and then that's it!

Earlier today I decided to change the grease filter in the cooker hood and before I realised what I was doing, I ended up stripping and scrubbing the whole oven Still, it filled in a couple of empty hours this morning and the oven does look nice, until the bird and the roast potatoes make a mess of it again!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #6

I am all ready for tomorrow.....Just going to relax tonight...

Have a Merry Christmas everybody.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #7

Have a great Xmas every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #8

Have a peaceful Christmas Eve everyone. I'm settling down with a Bailey's Irish cream and some mini hot sausage rolls. Just cooked 100 for work and well, it's quality control testing,I tell myself Nice box of choccies too, a gift from one of my mum-to-be's; she's due new years eve.

Love the smells of Christmas, tangerines and sage and onion, cinnamon and fruitcake. Happy happy happy!

God Bless us, everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #9

Hiya allJust another flying visit. Glad everyone is having such a good day.....Mrs H just rememver to leave a small bit of the sherry trifle for Father Christmas otherwise the reindeer will be flying themselves.....Everyone have a lovely day tomorrow and Eileen the weather sounds bad your side. PP I hope you enjoy your baileys....all of the rest of you put your feet up if you can.Happy Christmas

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #10

Hello, all. Happy Christmas Eve!
K's friend stopped by and brought us a turkey for Christmas dinner so I decided last night to serve the ham I've been saving..it tasted great with fresh bread! Then finished off with pumpkin pie. Think we will have leftovers of that tonight then we shall see what I make of that turkey Christmas day
I've got most of the cleaning done, just a few things here and there and start prepping food so I'm not out of my mind tomorrow.
It's gonna be quiet here and K will be at work but I have some grand plans with the cats and ferrets. It shall be fun. Then when K comes home from work we'll have a nice dinner, then the next day it's off to his mothers we go
Listening to a bit of John Denver & the muppets ...
Be safe and have a wonderful holiday all!!!