Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #1

Friday 18th

Well people Christmas is getting closer ....ain't it great

The weather is still icy and some snow remaining here, but the suns out now so may well melt away. Due more snow over the weekend we ar led to believe.

Had a nice night out yesterday, really nice meal, and great compnay. Laughed a lot.

Taking Katie and Sophie to see "Its A Wonderful Life" this afternoon at the pictures as I said earlier in the week, then off for a curry. So won't be around much later.
Work tomorrow and Sunday and out both evenings too so may not be around much till Monday evening.

Have a good day all enjoy what you are doing and try to stay safe and keep warm.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #2

Re: Friday 18th

You have such a busy life Kazz - hope you enjoy your weekend - keep safe and warm yourself!

Awoke to a carpeting of snow here ..... I don't remember the last time we had snow here before Christmas. Pip has been out in it - not scared of cold wet paws, seemed totally unfazed by it. Kizzy on the other hand looks like someone has put a cracker under her - complete alarm! Fed the birds, poor loves.

Luckily, I don't have to go out today - our country lanes are never gritted. If this lot freezes tonight, there won't be much to tempt me out tomorrow either.

Keep safe and warm everyone - enjoy making your snowman!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #3

Just started snowing here, looks like it will lay too, so bloomin' cold...Still got the Airport run to do, hubby was 3 hours leaving Houston, arrived at terminal 5 at 11.40am, now trying to get a connecting flight to Aberdeen...Not a happy man!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #4

Hello!!! We have a good 3-4 inches of snow here - been out fighting in it with the boys OH only just managed to get the car out onto the main road (we park cars at the back of the house up a very slippy access road)!

I took Myshka out into the snow and to our hillarity he pulled the most pained/annoyed face I've ever seen on a cat and hurtled back indoors

The boat party was fab last night, I really, really enjoyed myself and didn't wake with too much of a hangover this morning which was a miracle as I'd had a fair bit of wine.

I've got a bit of editing to do on a translated press release and then a bit of housework to crack through whilst the boys are watching The Grinch upstairs . . . so I'll see you all later! Stay warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #5

Doom and gloom! The first really big snowstorm of the season is barreling toward us, 6 - 12" forecast, and big panic! Washingtonians don't handle snow well, there is always a rush at the markets to stock up. Whole Foods was packed this morning, all the checkouts manned but with horrendous lines! I'm stocked up to be snowbound till Tuesday at least, will be unable to get to the library tomorrow. Right now it's cloudy and -1 (29 F). Oh how I hate snow!

Enjoy your weekend, Kazz; glad you had a nice time at the party Yola. You should have had the camera to catch Mysha's expression! I quite agree with him, LOL. And with Kizzy too! Moli, OH will be happy to finally get home indoors, I'm sure.

Stay safe and warm, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #6

Early morning dog walk today to take advantage of all that lovely snow He had a whale of a time but his training (such as it is!) went completely to pot No recall at all, he just headed off barrelling about in the snow and running back to us when he felt like it wouldn't walk well on the lead, pulling quite hard in his excitement. That boy is at the mercy of his adrenaline! The snow clung to his leg feathering and his ears, he looked soooo funny and needed a warm shower to melt them off.

Then it was the hairdresser's for me and post office for OH. Really cross about that, they were small packets that could have gone 2nd or 1st class, but the PO classed them as parcels and they asked OH if he wanted them to arrive before Christmas. He was charged a huge amount, really shocked at how much postal charges are now. When I looked at his receipt I saw why it was so expensive, they'd sent them via special next day delivery at a premium price! I was rather cross with him for not enquiring about various delivery options. Still, it's done now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #7

The holidays are upon us!
Oddly enough we've lost our snow and the temp has risen, not sure where it all went!
Just relaxing today. Might read a book or watch one of those chick flicks that K can't stand. Take advantage while he's at work Once he's home it's zombies and explosions again
Just awaiting word K's Mom did okay in the minor outpatient surgery she was scheduled for today. I don't want to annoy her but I'd like to know if she's home safe and sound.
Anyhoo, hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #8

Glad to hear K's mom did OK. You've lost your snow and we're going to get a dilly of a storm! Enjoy the movie.