Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #1

Chilly, sunny Monday

Morning all! A bit of a frost here, but not as much as a few miles away. MIL's carer arrived this morning and was surprised that we had only a light frost - she'd had to scrap ice and frost off her windscreen. The sky has lots of white clouds and little bits of blue but the sun is shining, although I don't know for how long. OH was watching rugby yesterday afternoon from Clermont in Northern France - not far from the French Channel coast, and it was snowing!

I am going to the Podiatry clinic around midday to see if they can do anything about my metatarsal inflammation (well, the tissue between the bones - I keep forgetting what it's called). Just hope I can park as I don't fancy walking far in this cold weather as it plays havoc with my chest.

Have a good day everyone. Hope poorly people and pets are feeling better this morning.

I have some photos of Sporty Kizzy to post later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #2

Re: Chilly, sunny Monday

Morning all...see just sneaking in the morning post there....

Off to work shortly. Just making a few CP calls then posting then off.
Angie hope you find somewhere to park close by. Look forward to Kizzy pictures.

Have a good day all see you tonight Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #3

Hope the podiatrist can help you get some relief Angie, sore feet are the devil! I get metatarsal pain because of my RA and then there's my bunions!

Went to the docs this morning for my booster shot for swine flu and then the practice nurse said I should book in for an anti-pneumonia one as well, but suggested waiting until after Christmas as it will give me a very sore arm in all probability. The NHS is doing me proud and all free! (well, paid for during my working life!)

We had only a light frost here but there's been no sun at all, it looks pretty dull out there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #4

It's bright but overcast with white cloud here; chilly but no frost. Had a call at 7am this morning from my Aunt's care home to say she's been taken into hospital with a urine infection and pneumonia . . . on top of her badly upset tummy too She's quite frail and compromised immunity-wise so I'm really hoping she recovers from this - sadly hospital is not always the best place to be in terms of secondary infections despite the care available.

On a happier note, I'm feeling much better as the sinusitis has cleared up at last. Bought myself a 'get rid of your mummy tummy' DVD on Saturday and tried it yesterday. Boy do the muscles hurt today but I'm feeling much energized and overall brighter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #5

Best wishes for auntie, Yola, pneumonia's not nice for the elderly. MIL was always getting urinary tract infections. She was often dehydrated and wouldn't drink because she was worried about wetting herself or the bed, and without fluid to flush out the system, these infections settled in. Once in hospital she improved tremendously. Fingers crossed that auntie's better soon, is she near you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Best wishes for auntie, Yola, pneumonia's not nice for the elderly. MIL was always getting urinary tract infections. She was often dehydrated and wouldn't drink because she was worried about wetting herself or the bed, and without fluid to flush out the system, these infections settled in. Once in hospital she improved tremendously. Fingers crossed that auntie's better soon, is she near you?
No, unfortunately she's down near Newton Abbot which is a 4 hour drive But the care home staff are brilliant, to the point where some of them (the younger Polish ones) visited her in hospital last time she was in, as she was finding communication difficult.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
14-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #7

Afternoon all

Cleaned up in the house and ironed this morning, this afternoon I've been down town to get Dylan a new collar (he lost his old one yesterday), some more worming stuff (wormed him today and the pill became runny and slimy so had to throw it out) and posted something to angieh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #8

........... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that Dylan is SUCH a lovely boy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #9

Hi all! A lovely sunny day after the cold all day rain Sunday: 6 (43 F), and may make 10 by afternoon. Lifts the spirits after the gloom. Finally got the trash out, and to the market; gave up on the Post Office as the line was 27 people, most with many large parcels! This is a small neighborhood substation with only 2 clerks. so will try again earlier in the day; hope my cards will make it. Am feeling much better, Leia seems fine too, but has not had a BM since she had the loose movements Saturday. She's active and eating well so am not too worried ... yet!

Yola, hope your auntie recovers soon; so sad to be hospitalized especially at this time of the year. Sending good vibes. And glad you're feeling better. Good luck at the podiatrist today Angie, hope they'll help you; look forward to the pics. Hi, Kazz, MrsH, RCR!