Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #1

Soggy Sunday

The predicted rain is here, a wet chilly gloomy day, 1 (34 F), and a good day to stay indoors and finally get started with the Christmas cards ... if I can manage to ignore the computer. At least it was warm enough so we didn't and aren't going to get the snow/ice combination. My overseas cards are going to be late if I don't get them done today and to the Post Office tomorrow ... and there will be horrendous lines there, I'm sure! No real news, hope all are well and having a pleasant Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #2

Re: Soggy Sunday

Well my Sunday has been a perfect slow pre Christmas Sunday...breakfast, dog walk, tree decorated, visitors bearing Christmas cards etc (who also all had an opinion on the tree decorating) dog walk, lunch, bit of TV now on here then YET another dog walk back to a shower and then watch a bit of TV Delia does Christmas is on at 7 BBC2...shall watch that, then bed.Had a good night last night meal was acceptable but the company I shared it with was as always excellent. Got home about 1ish. Eileen best of luck in the queue....tomorrow take a picnic or packed lunch with you, make a day of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #3

Today I did a pork casserole for the freezer, and some more mince-pies (the earlier ones got "sampled" a bit too readily!) The poor dog was very frustrated when I was doing the mince-pies, you could just see his (very!) little mind working "Let's see, kitchen scales, rolling pin, stuff from the cupboard, oven tray, cooling rack........................
.......................yep! that all adds up to homemade biscuits for me! Where are they then?"
Poor lad! he looked most put out!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #4

Evening all! Sorry I've been away again,my life is so full of work & stuff at the moment; also we 've been affected by vandalism to our phone lines and therefore no broadband for a couple of days. Some well known local felons stripped the copper insulation from the phone lines underground for its scrap value !! how low is that!

All ready for the festive season ? I'm nearly fully prepped,just food shopping and last minute gifts to get & wrap. After Tuesday I'm on a nine day stretch of work shifts, so have to get organised.

Keep warm in the coming cold snap ... brrr, I'm sniffing away already!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #5

Nette, some yobs did likewise the other week when I was up in London, but to the cabling on the mainline signals . . . with resulting delays

Today's been cold and crisp - and it's set to continue which is great! Riding lesson for Domi (where he got a bit tearful due to a rather fast canter . . . bless), a bit of a supermarket dash for roast chicken and then to the pool for Domi's swimming lesson. I took Sebi with me and now he wants swimming lessons too which is good

Need to upload pics of my tree - which I'll do shortly and then some TV time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #6

Finally got up an hour ago. I awoke early but decided to lie in for "just a bit longer" and then it turned out to be 1pm!!
It is officially our first snow today. Forecast says the temp will rise slowly throughout the week and it'll slowly go from snow to snow/rain and then end off in rain. We shall see
Going to do housework today, then wrap the last of the Christmas prezzies (for kitties and ferrets!) and then either tuck into a good book or watch movies with K. We've got a few slasher films from Netflix we still need to watch
Have a good day everyone!