Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #1

Brightening up slowly Friday!

Frosty first thing, then went all gloomy, but the sun is trying to come out and there are patches of blue appearing. I need to go to the local garage as I have had a slow puncture or a leaky tyre valve for ages and it's getting to be a real nuisance, so if they can mend it well and good, otherwise it'll have to be a new tyre. My ABS warning light has come on too, but I think that may mean an expensive trip to the main dealer which will have to wait until the New Year.

MIL's laundry day here today - my washing machine certainly earns its keep. Must also try to do my cards today, or get them started at least.

Have a good day everyone. Will pop in later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #2

Re: Brightening up slowly Friday!

It's still a bit misty here, I'd love it to get a bit colder and have snow for Christmas as it hardly ever happens (not that I want the sort of weather Tink has been having Brrrr!)

This morning we got THAT card, you all know the one, addressed to us, a personal greeting to us inside with Christian names correct and signed with love but we didn't recognise their names! they're not uncommon names and we've been racking our brains trying to place the pairing and connection with us. It's finally dawned that it's the parents (well mother and step-father) of our future daughter in law, phew! glad that's sorted. Actually yesterday we got a card with NO signature inside but at least we recognised the distinctive handwriting!

Must go and make some mince-pies for the freezer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #3

Foggy and dull here; I'm sitting in Giraffe with the boys about to have lunch and then we're off to the cinema to see Where The Wild Things Are as they have broken up from school now for Christmas.

Over night our neighbours were broken into and both their cars were stolen + lots of other stuff. All my shutters on the ground floor and basement are remainong closed!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #4

That's dreadful Yola! were they at home when it happened? Please make sure that you and your belongings stay safe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #5

How horrible for your neighbours and scary for you and your family Yola. I take it no-one saw anything - a nasty mean thing to happen any time, but especially so at this time of the year. Stay secure as possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #6

OMG, Yola! That is crazy and so scary. Please stay safe!
When we had our run of car break ins it turned out it was in the dead of night and all of us were home..that creeps me out more, to be honest with you!
It's surprisingly 27F right now which is about ten degrees higher than usual for this time of day. They say the snow is going to start on Sunday. I say as long as they wait till my Saturday outing is over with, let it snow!
I'll have to do my annual sharing of snow pix when it gets to be that time
Had a very good sleep for once, now I quite don't know what to do with myself I love this season because all the furry ones wanna cuddle with me. It is definitely a perk!
Hope you all are having a good one!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #7

Hi all! I'm sharing the same weather as Tink, it's -3 (27 F) here, sunny but bitterly cold! Had to go to the market as I was low on milk, fruit, etc; bundled up like an Eskimo. Fortunately, not too long a wait for the buses. House is a bit chilly, boiler is laboring a bit, but the sun's helping warm it. No news, just the usual weather report. And snow is forecast for Sunday .... hurry Spring!

Yola, that is so scary! Glad they didn't hit your house. Stay warm on the trip to the garage, Angie. MrsH, glad the mystery got solved!

Take care, all....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #8

Afternoon all

Just back from work...it was foggy this morning in fact foggy till about 1...then it cleared. Its cold now and when took Sal out just the grass has a white frosting on it.

How horrible Yola, break in's are horrible but this time of year all sorts of things seem worse don't they.

Off out in a bit its fish and chips from the chippie tonight...looking forward to that...